Resurrection thread

by mjarka911 3 Replies latest jw friends

• mjarka911
    mjarka911

I seen a lot of emphasis on the resurrection in the borg recently like the DC talk preparing people for dying in "this system" and calling them presumptious for thinking otherwise and the recent WT study articles. But does the borg still teach that death is the wages of sin. Does this appply to people DF'd and DA'd who die? Understand, I don't believe any of this bullshit - but doesn't their own teachings allow for a clean slate in the resurrection? So if they are teaching that the end is not really close - then what's the point of staying in?

• jula71
    jula71

OK, the "official" line is death is the response and punishment for sin, unless you make it through the big "A". Then you are forgiven. But all the of the "remnant" have to die to receive their "heavenly reward." As far as the resurrection goes, the emphasis is now...believe in it because you will most likely, die on this side of "A". DF'd and DA's will be resurrected as well, unless the "sin against the spirit." Which translates to, any thing apostate. Thus adding to the fear of "apostates" mentioned here many times.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

With death we pay for our sins. So all the Witnessing that took place a century ago (in my opinion) was a waste of time. They are all now equal in Death.

• greendawn
    greendawn

They got things really muddled because they were trying to be too clever, no one cares whether people obey them or not it is irrelevant even to God so no one can be judged on their basis, on whether someone obeys them or disobeys them.

It was really conceited of them to come up with the silly idea that those disobeying them would never be resurrected but would die eternally, who do they think they are?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit