Anyone a fan of the KLF / Bill Drummond

by jimakazi 8 Replies latest jw friends

• jimakazi
    jimakazi

I am currently on the track of music by the KLF, having just got everything associated with Pink Floyd. Is anyone else a fan of KLF, hell as any one else even heard of them?

What makes this a challenge is that Bill Drummond and Jimmy Cauty, who formed the Kopyright Liberation Front, distroyed their entire back catalogue some years ago about the same time as they burnt 1,000,000 pounds as a work of art.

They also have a number of names; 2k, K Foundation, the JAMS, the Justified Ancients of Mu Mu. I've ordered JAMS - "Bastard", and 2K - "F*** the Millenium" which should arrive in a week or two.

Does anyone else have an obsession to get something you have been told you can't have?

• Frog
    Frog

Hey there Jim, sorry to say I'm completely ignorant about KLF/Bill Drummond, I'm sure they are just as great as you say there are though:) Felt bad that no-one had responded to your thread, especially since it's clear to see how passionate you are about em'!

Enjoy! frog

• jimakazi
    jimakazi

Thanks frog.

I'm into music. Just had a styx DVD turn up today and am listening to it now. I have strangely diverse musical tastes - Linkin Park, The Prodigy, AC/DC, Dido, Black Eyed Peas, ELO, Depeeche Mode, Massive Attack, Faithless, Radio Head, Cold Play, Styx, Journey, Def Leopard, Genesis, Simply Red - I could go on but I won't.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

jimakazi

Ive just sent you a message. Good taste in music! Depeche Mode are touring and releasing new material soon btw.

Paul

• jimakazi
    jimakazi

Paul

Just replied - thanks.

• City Fan
    City Fan

Didn't the KLF have a number 1 single in the late 80's called 'Doctorin the Tardis' under the name of 'The Timelords' before they became the KLF? Now that's useless information.

I remember their first hit 'what time is love' but not a lot after that.

• scotsman
    scotsman

How could you forget their hit Justified & Ancient with Tammy Wynette?

• City Fan
    City Fan

To be honest most of the nineties were a blur to me! Did that one start 'KLF's gonna rock you...'?

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

http://www.klf.de/home/

Lotsa KLF info on here....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit