Happy 4th of July

by desbah 7 Replies latest jw friends

• desbah
  • delilah
    delilah

Happy 4th of July to all of you who are celebrating, or just enjoying a day off work......have a good one.

Delilah

• luna2
    luna2

I worked until 2:30 and now I don't feel like doing much of anything....it's a beautiful day too. Too bad I don't have any friends close by. Maybe I'll do something interesting next year.

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

We had our Independence Day party yesterday (double meaning - independence for us from all things WT) - hope everyone has a great day! It's wonderful to be free!

• Netty
    Netty

I went with my family to the ball park last night. They had a fireworks show after the game (complete with 3-d glasses, which is too cool, makes it look like a kaleidascope) (sp?)

But it was so beautiful, then the song God bless the USA, Lee Greenwood came on. I got chills, and tears in my eyes, 10,500 people all singing this awesome song. Then the part that says "and I'd proudly STAND UP) right after "stand" the longest pause, complete silence. Just beautiful, the stuff we had to miss out on, that we can now enjoy.

• Mary
    Mary

Have a great Independence Day, me Yankee friends to the south!

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

I had a great day! I was at work, but my shop is right on the parade route so I got to see the whole thing. My boo was there, and he helped wait on customers; I even let him work the cash register a little bit. My mom (an xjw herself) showed up, along with a friend, and we all enjoyed the parade together. Lots of nice homemade floats and little kids playing kazoos.

A tourist family came in for sodas and snacks early on. I could tell they were English, and they told me they were from Manchester specifically (don't a few of the posters here hail from Manchester?). They seemed like nice folks, and they were enjoying our festivities along with the rest of us. They were fascinated by the fireworks in particular; I explained that they were to remind us of "the rocket's red glare" during long-ago battles with the English. They weren't offended, thankfully. I found myself hoping that my townsfolk would be nice so these people would have nice things to say about Americans when they get back home.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Happy 4th of July to desbah and all my fellow Americans at JWD!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit