The Passion of Joan of Arc (1928)

by avishai 2 Replies latest social entertainment

• avishai
    avishai

This is one of the best movies I've ever seen as an allegory for being a JW, It's silent and all about the trial of Joan of arc.

I know it sounds silly, but I'm mainly talking about the arrogance of the priests and judges, speaking for god, etc., messing with her mind. It SO reminds me of your averege commitee meeting. Beautiful film.

So many of these "Big men" Alone with young kids in the b room, busting them down, often having done nothing, with their gestapo tactics. For any elders reading the board, i hope your proud.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

It's those elders that KNOW they are doing the right thing. Or PURGING the congo to stay clean. Or MARKING a weak one from the stage with the #4 Innuendo talk. Those are the ones that are truly the most destable. However, I also bet they are the most unhappy, self loathing people as well. They need to cut every other person down to stay on top of the heap. Sad.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Wasn't she condemned by a religious tribunal in England? Of course, then she was made a saint. I've found it interesting that mainly Catholic saints were persecuted by their own church (like St. John of the Cross and St. Teresa of Avila were bothered by the Inqusition). Of course, Catholicism back then had many political factions, and you could usually appeal to a different authority to get not bothered.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit