i feel like poop

by tsunami_rid3r 9 Replies latest jw friends

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

i feel unattractive, i feel fat, i feel like poop, i feel like i cant do anything right, i feel stupid, i hate my hair, i wish it was longer, i feel like an idiot. why does it feel like that i'm the one whos always calling up my friends. why cant i be the one that friends call to hang out. i feel like a loser for being lonely. i feel like im gay for not ever having a real girl friend. i like girls.

i dont understand why i havent had a real girl friend yet. what attracts? i work out everyday, i try to make myself look attractive. i wish i had more chick friends or a girl friend to hang out with. well you get the point. im tired, this is kinda mild venting. i could write this into a poem but im too tired to even think to do that.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Bro, I dont know you so I cant really offer a lot here. I can tell you I felt exactly the same as you at 17. This to shall pass. Give it some time.

Matt

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

no it feels like im definitely doing something wrong, like im a shitty person.

• georgefoster
    georgefoster

Dude, don't sweat it. 18 is the worst age for a guy to get a girlfriend. Most of the girls your age are interested in older guys. You can't really dip down to the younger girls either. For a man, each year after you turn 18 until you hit 30, the field of available women broadens. 18 is the worst, believe me. In the meantime, get your sh$t together. Develop yourself, your style, your intellect, and most of all your earning capacity. That way, the women will be knocking your door down before you know it.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Yikes….. talk about being down and out and negative. Sorry that things aren’t going your way. Yep....for a guy, being 18 sucks .... but use the time to your advantage...don't focus on the negative.

Negativity can be very destuctive. Let's start thinking positve....

Have you ever thought about the “Law of Attraction”? Interesting theory…. Google it. Here’s a couple of things I found…

Do You Make These "Law of Attraction" Blunders? - By Bob Doyle

Learning about the "Law of Attraction" can be one of the grandest blessings you can receive in your life. When you learn the true "cause" of your experience of reality, and that you can actually ALTER that reality in any way that you wish, it opens a door of Infinite Possibility!

After all, imagine that any level of wealth can be yours! Your life can be enriched with the most fulfilling relationships imaginable! You can spend your time doing only those things you love, and in return, experience abundance that seems impossible from the outside looking in!

However, too many people learn only the "basics" of the Law of Attraction, and as a result make 10 common mistakes that make it appear as though this universal law does not apply to them, and in fact gives them results completely OPPOSITE of what they desire.

Before going into these mistakes, let's review what the Law of Attraction actually is. It's deceptively simple: Energy attracts Like Energy. …… continued at:

http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/Doyle14.html

another site I googled…..

http://www.shadesofpassion.net/affirmations/Affirmations.html

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

What Georgefoster said!

When I was your age I never had girl friends. They liked the jocks, and rich guys. Chicks your age are shallow as are guys. (I know there are exceptions). I worked out every day, was buff as hell, and they wouldnt give me a second look.

Now its a completely different story, those same girls make with the goo goo eyes when I see em.

I assure you it will change. One thing you might wanna think about is: "am I just missing the signals"

• Frog
    Frog

oh tsunami baby, you really don't be so hard on yourself. Most of my guy friends had a damn tough time at your age to, it's just a bit of an awkward age that's all. You'll grow into yourself, and develop more confidence, and they'll all be lusting after you:) In the meantime you shouldn't judge yourself so greatly by the way you think others see you, perhaps you need to give others a chance to see you for all the good things that you are, before you start assuming that they think the worst. One's thing for sure though, negative people who are really down on themselves aren't exactly a beacon of light for friendship and for love. As was mentioned above, use this time to your advantage to really get to know yourself, to develop your personality and to learn to respect yourself. You won't find happiness from the outside, no person/friend/girlfriend is going to fill the void that you feel within, you have to fill that with confidence and respect for yourself, then you will attract all the right people into your life. So stop beating yourself up matey, you've got nothing to worry about, just takes time, so be patient and you'll get there frog

• Frog
    Frog

Hey IP! love your modesty mate...

Now its a completely different story, those same girls make with the goo goo eyes when I see em.

That cracked me up ...hope I don't need to remind you that you're a happily married man?! haha frog

• Es
    Es

I know you may feel that what your experiencing is different but believe me its not. I think as a teenager we all goes through this at one time or another, I felt like this at 16\17,and it was a tuff time. But i just woke up one day and told myself not to feel like this anymore, I also got some counselling too which helped. It will pass and we are always here for you es

• jimakazi
    jimakazi

A lot of how you come across to other people is in your own head - if you fell confident people recognise this and it attracts them. If you don't feel confident - fake it.

I felt about the same as you do when I was 17 or so. I wanted to die for a while there - add conflicting feeling of guilt from not wanting to be a JW, not wanting to dissapoint parents, having an impressive pron collection which could never be discovered, and the guilt of such a terrible sin as wanking, to normal teenage feelings. It wasn't great.

It was all in my head - now when I look at photos of myself at 19 I can't beleive how good I looked, or how I wasted those looks by focusing inwards - on me - instead of other people. At the time, if I had been more confident I could have had a lot more fun with girls. In the end I did things that gave me confidence, I went hiking, caving, camping, swimming [compeditively], cycling - listening to music, study [technical not JW study].

Anyway - cheer up - it will get better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit