Religion is dying a slow death!!!

by ADJUSTMENTS 9 Replies latest jw friends

• ADJUSTMENTS
    ADJUSTMENTS

Religion has run its course, it was used as a way to control growing populations and to give the human race a sense of direction almost like training wheels. Religion has gone on a path of no return... That includes the Only True Religion of JW's!!! Ha 

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

No, it's not in decline except in Western Europe, maybe China and portions of America - excluding the southern and mid-western states. It's doing well in South America, Mexico, Africa, Russia (yes Russia), South Asia and so on. And what's more any increase of misery around the world will strengthen religion. Religion thrives on misery.

Nice cartoons by the way. 

• Black Man
    Black Man
    Good thread!
  • Giordano
    Giordano

Over the decades I have been able to stay in marginal touch with my cousins. There are 30 of us and perhaps 60 or so children who are now grown up. One of the most astonishing things I've learned about them is this: Among these two generations only one is a church going practicing Catholic............ all have been exposed in some manner to the Catholic tradition ....but that is where it ends. It is not a factor in their lives nor is it an influence.

I think this is a trend one see’s especially in educated and prosperous countries. The following goes to the PO of this thread:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/christiancrier/2013/10/26/why-we-are-losing-so-many-churches-in-the-united-states/#ixzz3Prh7XEVS

“Of the 250,000 Protestant churches in America, 200,000 are either stagnant (with no growth) or declining. That is 80% of the churches in America and maybe the one you attend, if you attend at all.

4,000 churches close their doors every single year.

There is less than half of the number of churches today than there were only 100 years ago.

3,500 people leave the church every single day.

Since 1950, there are 1/3rd fewer churches in the U.S.

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate
    I would say Christianity may be dying in western countries, but other non christian religions in other countries are alive and kicking.
  • What is Truth?
    What is Truth?
    I love this, especially the religion acronym!
  • William Penwell
    William Penwell
    It is in decline in more prosperous educated countries. Religions still thrive in third world countries where they are under educated illiterate. The only scary thing I see as the world population keeps expanding eventually there will be too many people to properly educate them all and this will lead to another dark ages. I am sure that is what most major religions are hoping for.
  • Decided
    Decided

I don't see so much decline here in my part of NC. I've seen many places that go out of business turn into churches. I've seen old schools, stores in town, etc. become churches or just meeting places for the Mexicans to worship. Everywhere I go in the country roads there are churches everywhere.

Ken

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams
    Religion is dying a slow death - reluctantly, I disagree.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Decided - "Everywhere I go in the country roads there are churches everywhere."

Same here in Alberta.

Liquor stores, too.

Which begs the question, "correlation or causation?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit