The other side of inheritance

by I quit! 2 Replies latest jw friends

• I quit!
    I quit!

The topic on inheritance interested me because I have been thinking about it in the opposite way. As a former JW would you leave things to JWs in your family? I don't mind doing it for the ones who have been nice to me in spite of me leaving the tower but I wouldn't want any money or property winding up in the hands of the tower. Could you put a clause in you will or trust stating that in order to receive anything they would have to sign something stating that nothing left to them should ever be donated to the Watchtower? And how could this be inforced? Also could you put something stating that they would have to read "Crisis of Conscience or other books about the tower in order to receive anything? Isn't it amazing the stupid positions the wt puts you in? Anyone who hasn't been involved with the wt and doesn't know what they really are would think you were a horrible person for doing something like this.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    As a former JW would you leave things to JWs in your family?

Why not? My family's decent and I hold no grudge (and have no reason to).

We'll all decided these things differently, and that's cool.

• Frog
    Frog

I don't know so much that I feel a grudge towards my jw family members, but I don't think I'd want to leave anything to them in my will, not that I have anything of substance to leave behind accept my very first microwave that I bought last week for a bargain price! Truth be told, it's not that I wouldn't want to share my "riches" with them, but that I wouldn't want them thinking about my never ending death, about the fact that I wasn't worthy of the "resurrection" every time they looked at something I had left behind. I would rather know that the things I left behind would inspire the people I had left them with to raise their thoughts to me about the positive and good things I did in this life, and the joyful memories of time we spent together frog

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit