Dead Grandma helps me find Dads siblings

by QCA1 1 Replies latest jw friends

• QCA1
    QCA1

Hi to you all

I meant to post this awhile ago but have been very busy of late,so here goes.

I have over the years always wondered about who my paternal grandma was and what she was like. My dad was handed over to a childs home when he was about 3yrs old and never saw his mother again, it was 1929 when he was born in a workhouse on Northumberland street in london and times must have been hard. My dad was brought up at St Josephs catholic home for Children until he was transfered to blaisdon hall when almost a teenager.As a child myself i never stopped thinking about who his mother was i had the notion that i looked like her.Anyway these feelings persisted with me long into my adult years,i tried to question dad about his life and what he remembered,he was always a bit short with me and i got the feeling he resented the fact of what happened to him and that he thought his mother didn't love him. I asked my dad what his mums name was and he said it was Mary Winifred McCarthy.I tried a little research but came up with nothing.The years went by i thought about her often.

I went to see a medium( as i had become interested in spiritualism and it's teachings since the 1980s, i spent several years studying different aspects of pyschic ability and the difference between clairvoyance and mediumship and the like.)This medium told me everything about my family named all my 6 children told me the names of my 2 husbands i was astonishe dto say the least,i said to him who is telling you all this,he said your grandma i said whats her name ,he said Mary and she says to tell you she had another son. I was excited about this and within a few days i was off to london to search the registers. This is what i found, Mary married a Robert Henry Payne in 1934 i then searched for any children of that marriage and found Robert Payne jnr my dads brother just like the medium had said,i was elated and apprehensive at the same time,many questions went through my mind,would dad except this although i wasn't prepared to tell dad anything until i could find his brother.

I got intouch with the salvation army to see if they could help me i left it in there hands.After a few weeks i had a letter to tell me they had found robert but sadly he had been killed in an accident whilst travelling to workwhere he lived in bury-st-edmonds.I was devastated,but didn't lose hope maybe he had children perhaps i could find them. So with little bits of information i put this onto the net, i waited and waited nothing happened. In the meantime which i discovered later someone else was trying to find information about his family. Then august bank holiday monday i got a phone call,now previous to this a day before infact my friend and i were talking about family and looking into the past which i told her i was already doing and i said i would love to have known my dads mum and had a photo of her to see what she looked like and that if i looked like her but i said the way things are going i may never know.Then the phone call the next day, this voice said is that sandra i said yes it is,he said my whole name,he said my name is JP and i have found you on the electrol roll. I instinctly knew where this was going and did you have a brother who died in a car accident he said yes how did you know about that, i was on the right track i thought then i told him that dad was his brother his older brother, he was speechless, he then said i didn't know my mum never told us, he said will you tell your dad he also has 3 sisters they are here with me now,we were both crying. I said my dad does not now anything at all he thinks he was an only child, at that i said i must go and see him, i was afraid at first,would the shock of this kill him he is 74yrs and a little frail.

I am sorry but this is quite a story so i will leave it there until tomorrow to finish the story, let me just say for me this is first class evidence of life after death because nobody knew any of this except the medium who said Mary had another son.

Till tomorrow then

qca1

• Satanus
    Satanus

Cool stuff. I can imagine how you feel.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit