The data protection act -remove my files!

by Kent 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Kent
    Kent

EX-JWs in the UK should check out this page:

http://www.bigwig.net/knots/nightmares/data.htm

A little from the page, but you will find lots of interesting stuff there!

Letter to Watchtower HQ and local cult elders
    The data protection act -
    remove my files!

It is well known that the Watchtower cult society keeps records on everyone, even those who have died, or have been excommunicated, or those who have broke association due to personal reasons. Such records may disturb many as they feel they are being judged by what is on their files and record cards, which has information of how many hours per month they put in preaching and cult recruiting, from house to house. Well you are absolutely right!

It is well known that the excuse for this is to be able to make up their "yearly world wide report book" If this was the case then these reports should be handed in anonymously! To prove that the watchtower cult does in fact keep records on it's members over many years, look at the quote from a letter reference and dated from the Watchtower cult HQ called "Bethel" at Mill Hill, North London. "SH June 19th 1995"

In a dispute about their continuous reference to my track record as I had raised many points and written to the watchtower cult HQ i'e "Bethel" many times, they say to quote:

"We have checked all our letters on file, which has resulted from your numerous letters over the years"

This would also include any letters sent by cult elders, or the Watchtower HQ of correspondents from those in rank wanting information resulting in any investigation about you.

This also goes for any wrong doing a person may have done. The fact that the Bible says: "Do not keep account of the injury" a text the Watchtower cult will quote often so that you will not keep account of errors they may have been guilty of, the watchtower cult society feel fully justified in keeping records of every personal detail about its members. I therefore wrote the following letter to request this information be removed and destroyed . . . due to my rights under the Data protection Act 1998 UK

You may use this information to send to the Watchtower cult HQ in your area or local congregations You can also read the watchtowers reply that follows below and the new Data Protection Act 1998/9 also below.
    Click here to Print form below

Yakki Da

Kent

"The only difference between a fool and the JW legal department is that a fool might be sympathetic ."

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• nelly136
    nelly136

but by writing to them you then give them an update
    of your address for their 'non existant' records.
    the data protection act is a great idea but they have
    no way of enforcing it on a publishing company that
    will deny all knowledge of any records existing.
    nelly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit