anyone got more outlines, highlights, from district convention?

by Buck 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Buck
    Buck

Ive read 2 descriptions on here. Ive got to go this weekend to keep the peace with my gf. This despite my entire family going to south florida for a 5 day vacation with my sis, parents, aunts, uncles and cousins. Guess when there vacation falls? on the same f***ing weekend as the assembly. I would like to have some things to look for. Any interesting quotes? Any doctrinal backtracks, etc.

Thanks

buck

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Let me tell you.......this girl is not worth it? Does she know how you truly feel? What exactly is she giving up to be with you?

You're already irritated now about what you have to do to possess this woman. It will get even worse if you continue pursue a relationship with her and you hold true to the way you feel about JW.

One of the things I'd promised myself while I was growing up was that I'd never marry a Jehovah's Witness, and my wife, though she grew up around "da lie" wasn't. There wasn't the huge body of knowledge about JW avaliable then to draw on and life's irony hit me square in the face when she decided she wanted to "return to Jehovah" and I can tell you, our relationship is on a slow excrutiating ride to deathsville.

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but, I'd get out of this relationship ASAFP.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Hey Buck fizz you still around - i thought you were a JW - like serious into it... Are you fading??? how about an update...

• City Fan
    City Fan

Buck,

The very last district convention I went to was because my girlfriend wanted me to go. She gave me an ultimatum that I had to go back to meetings or she could not carry on seeing me. So that was the end of that. I never went to another meeting again.

Go on the holiday. You'll meet girls there won't you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit