Watchtower Built Places of Refuge during WW2.

by VM44 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• VM44
    VM44

I have heard that the Watchtower had built several "Places of Refuge" in the United States during World War 2.

There is very little information about this activity, as if the Watchtower does not want people to know what they did.

One Place of Refuge later became the location of the Watchtower farms, and the another became the Gilead School.

Still another was the house Beth Shan, located in San Diego.

These places of refuge were mentioned during a public talk given around 1947, and recorded in a Watchtower issue. There was applause from the audience when it was mentioned that these places (along with Rutherford's house, Beth Sarim) were being sold off, or otherwise disposed of.

Does anyone have further information about these places? It seems like this is a topic no one who was alive at the time wanted to talk about or mention so that future generations would know about it. (They wouldn't want to try and "sweep it under the rug" would they?

--VM44

• VM44
    VM44

One does wonder though, if the United States was invaded during World War 2, who would have had the privilege of occupying these "places of refuge". --VM44

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

These web sites will give you a lot of info on Beth Shan

http://www.watchtowerinformationservice.org/bethshan.htm

http://watchtower.observer.org/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=HISTORY5

(Now why is the one in black?)

HappyDad

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

It wouldn't surprise me that they have places of refuge.

But you can bet your bottom dollar that these places of refuge would be like the president's bunker - only for a few select individuals.

Everybody else can, well....wait for the resurrection!

• VM44
    VM44

I just mentioned this subject in another thread.

The Watchtower DID have places of refuge before and during World War 2.

The Watchtower has done a lot of things that nobody today knows anything about.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Consolation (June 25, 1941) covered the dedication of the Gilead building at Kingdom Farm and refers to it as a place of refuge. Consolation was the precusor for Awake!

That issue can be read here:

http://www.wtarchive.org/deposit/consolation/1941/g41JUN25.pdf

• clarity
    clarity

If you monkey around on goggle, you could find Beth Shan pictures that show the underground bunkers. Some of the supplies are still sitting on the shelves.

So who would get in there if the war got bad, not Mrs Rutherford for sure. You'd probably find all the staff from Beth Sarim, his girlfriend secretary/dietition, freeloading 'friends', the guards of course must stay posted outside and oh, Rutherfords Lawyer friends, if they bring a truck load of bootleg booze that is!

c

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

I wonder just how many places like this they had. (and why the R&F didn't think that Jehovah's protection would be sufficient?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit