If there is such a thing as Bad Luck with good all mixed in?

by Sparkplug 0 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Today is my bad luck day and for each bad there had been a good.

It all started Monday at 4 AM. My friend who had cancer, Bettie Carrell of St. James Missouri died. I actually felt relief because she had been absolutely miserable and wanted to die. She has hung on 6 months from when she should have been gone in two weeks. So you can imagine her condition. She was down to half of a lung. Blood pressure was 60/40 and heart was 180. She slipped into a coma like state over the last few days. I thought she would be leaving us last week, so I cashed in a weeks vacation and took some much needed rest and organization time. I still have too many things to do but it helped some. So the day after the last day I have off, she dies. strange.

So I go in to work and seeing I was told they were having a mid week funeral, I take the next week off. part of it without pay. For her funeral is a days drive away from here. This is unheard of for my company to allow, but they did it. I was granted the time even though she is not a blood relative. I thought I would get on the road today, but I woke up with a urinary tract infection and things went worse from there. I asked my regular doc to call in a prescription but seeing he was out, they said he would call. I got no call. So I called my other family practitioner and the nurse said he would not do that, and he would call. No call.

So I went to an after hours medical place up the road. Seeing I cant hardly get out of the bathroom, everytime I went to the ladies room they called a person after me. So way later, I get in, and then everyone takes lunch hour, so I end up waiting close to 3 hours to get a prescription so that I can feel better and leave tonight.

My brother goes to fill the prescription and both other doctors have called a prescription in. They did not tell me. So here I sit with 4 prescriptions, when I only need one. Usually no doctor will just call in a prescription anymore. So I am stocked for "who knows what."

I am afraid I would not get to the funeral by time, but when I called to check they changed the funeral to Friday. So I have time to lay around tonight. Drive tomorrow, pack her house on Thursday, Attend Memorial and funeral Friday and visit all the friends, then Drive home Saturday and have a day to spare to try to finish the messes I started.

I guess that is life, Good things Bad things. I am just not used to so many good following the bad, and so many good at once.

As I type this a friend just called who has a relative who is a doctor that I had tried also. He just called and asked if I need a prescription. Is that not funny?

Thats all just wanted to share. I thought it was odd. I may post a bit on Bettie, we call her Gammie, in a moment.

Decki

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit