Would you ever wear a cybernetic implant?

by zagor 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• zagor
    zagor

Seriously, WTBS – Borg analogy on a side, would you ever consider having some sort of cybernetic device attached permanently to your body. Or under what circumstances? And what would it be?

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Yeah sure!

Some extra Gigabytes of memory would be welcome. Or a direct internet connection maybe.

But seriously I think we have to wait for this maybe two decades more

Danny

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Yes, a little extra RAM would always be handy!

Nic'

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Not so futuristic actually - microchip implants have been available for some time.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Yes implants are availble. Can identify you with unique number. For example used in hospitals to quickly identify persons and have there medical history ready. But it is just experimental.

There is a bar here where you can pay with an implanted identification chip.

But it would be more interesting when they will be interfaced with the brain.

Danny

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

More than that, Danny, the implants have been and are being used to monitor brain activity.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem
    More than that, Danny, the implants have been and are being used to monitor brain activity.

Yes true Ozzie. There are even prototypes of connecting implants to the nerve cells, so a person can control something with it's brain. But I mean a good two way interface, I think this is not yet done. (correct me if I am wrong) Danny

• zagor
    zagor

What about artificial hands and feet or vision enhancers?

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

If it was to replace a lost limb that would enable me to have almost full function then absolutely. Kind of like Will Smith's shoulder and arm in I Robot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit