CNN - WT child abuse victim interview video clip

by truth_about_the_truth 8 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth

Not sure if this has been posted here before.

This looks like it's from a couple yrs ago. I haven't seen this one before today. Connie Chung interviews 2 victims.

http://209.200.69.133/watchtower/chung_081402.wmv

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

That was a really good video clip. Those young women appeared very strong. Good for them!

Kwin

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

I saw this when it first aired live, and it served as a catalyst for me to research the WT on the net. As I watched this interveiw unfold, knew these girls were not making the story up and I was sickened by the the cover-up within the congregation.

DL76

• sf
  • loveis
    loveis

Their lawsuit failed, however:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/68106/1.ashx

...and the ultimate result, was, instead, a solid brick of precedent-setting case law in favor of the WTS, which has already been used and referred to in other ongoing cases. (both by the WTS and by other churches fighting molestation claims)

• jomac
    jomac

LOVEIS,

It "failed" as you put it in ONLY ONE STATE, and is a motivator for further action that will shove this issue ahead in the OTHER STATES.

Their gutsiness freed many from a dangerous cult, and I salute them and the attorneys who will win further cases in the future. Their pediphile bully got the bright light on him that he deserved.

• Greyeyes
    Greyeyes

What makes me both sad and angry about this story is that the Elders HAD their two witnesses.. Two girls, at two different times, acusing the same man. If had been lets say, smoking, busted. But with this, nothing. Just sad. I was fortunate growing up in the cong. i did, just becuase when this sort of thing happened, it was handled correctly. We had caring elders. When my best friend was basicly raped, it was handled the right way, and the guy went to jail for it. ( Not her mention her brother beat the hell out of him) Jut sad, more folks didnt have that shelter.

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• carla
    carla

Why don't we write and ask for a follow up story? Or a new investigation of cover up by the WT. I believe the amount of pedophiles per population compared to the Catholic scandal would make the Catholic scandal look like a drop in the bucket. Just a thought. I have written to a number of news sources already. Anyone care to join in? Sometimes they have an area for news ideas. carla

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit