Text Donations To Charity (What a great idea!)

by dh 3 Replies latest jw friends

• dh
    dh

The Live 8 Gig and some Cinema ads got me thinking about this subject, and I wondered... Does anyone else agree that the event of text donations to charity is a great idea that will really make a difference to how funds are routed to charity? ... Instead of filling in direct debit forms or paying by credit card or dropping pennies into a chairty box on a shop counter, you can SMS a donation in, very straightforward...

I think it could really change things, and after seeing Ewan McGregor saying for people to text mph to 8025 at the cinema, I just thought yeah, I can do that, because after all what's 25p off my phone bill? I can text that as many times as I feel like it, and if everyone texted 25p when they knew they had it spare... I think that would really make a difference, and ultimately, none of those 25p's would ever have gone to charity if they weren't sent by SMS.

Anyone any thoughts on this?

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

if the tickets to live8 had been sold at festival prices say about £50...that would have been 150 000 x 50 = £7 500 000
    Experts expect up to 70 million texts to be sent before the lottery closes on Friday, when the 150,000 tickets will be randomly allocated to entrants.

70 million texts at £1.50= over £100 million

so yeah i think from a charity point of view it is a great idea

and yes i did it

do you think they will introduce it at the conventions this year

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Great Idea.

Wanna buy 2 Tickets to live 8?

E-bay won't auction them for me! Promise I'll donate it all to Charidy.

(Just Kidding!)

• dh
    dh

I think all charities will start doing it soon, on their television adverts, I would certainly text to the charities I think are really worthwhile causes. The WTS however is not one of them!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit