The Watchtower's Deal With Long Beach Arena

by bluesapphire 1 Replies latest jw friends

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Just found out from my very informed MIL that the WTS has struck a deal with the Long Beach Arena. In exchange for FREE rent for the next 13 years, the Society is remodelling the arena. They are taking names of brothers with certain types of skills such as painters, dry-wallers, plumbers, electricians, etc. etc. and they created a database. These brothers go to the arena (according to MIL some are spending 12 hour days!) and donate their skills to fix up the arena.

I think the Society is so good at taking advantage of the friends. MIL said the Society is "footing the bill" for it but the friends are donating their skills. Everyone knows the value is in the man hours! Besides, now they're going to still collect donations at the assemblies for the next 13 years from those same people who broke their backs! Wonder if they can count their time.

I think they must not be receiving enough donations to cover the cost. What do you all think?

• Maximus
    Maximus

Maybe they're saving up their money for

legal expenses.

Maximus
    (Who knows the Society's investments have had a bit of a problem after a long windfall period.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit