A success story, thanks to YOU!

by Kathy 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Kathy
    Kathy

Hi everyone. Well, here's an update. Thanks to all of you, my boyfriend's sister is seeing the light! If you remember, we were trying to dissuade her from joining the JW's... becoming baptized, whatever. They've got a very convincing JW cousin, who's actually a very nice person, leads a good life and treats people well. It would have been easier if this guy was a nutcase or something, but he's not. Anyway, I purchased C of C (see, I've even got the lingo down) and she's read it. A few days ago she finally began to question some of the teachings, based on what we've given her. Yippeeee! Thank you!! Anyway, she actually told us that within a few months, she'll have the COUSIN converted! Yes, we're gloating just a bit. This is not against INDIVIDUALS who are Jehovah's Witnesses, mind you; it's just the organization which irritates us.

Now, hopefully, one of you can point me to a Watchtower article that states that the "Faithful and Discreet Slave, or the "Governing Body" gets its ideas directly from God--"food at the proper time" or "new light from God." The sister asked the cousin about this, and he said that Jehovah's Witnesses don't really believe this, and the Watchtower has never said it. He said that mistakes have been made by various men in leadership positions, but these men haven't claimed that the information came from God. Can this be disputed by actual Watchtower quotes? Once again, thank you!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

This is extremely good news. Chalk another one up for the apostates. This is what it's all about - not doing a Samson on the whole structure at Bethel, but rather, like the Allies at the end of WWII, taking Berlin block by block. Every one person who starts to think and question without Watchtower "aids" is a major setback to the org.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Good news, Kathy. Let's see if we can help with 'Stage 2'. Good to see Steph is already here. You see we aussies are still here!

Try these:
    The Watchtower May 15, 1955 in the article "Jehovah's Channel of Communication" paragraph 33 reads:
    "The evidences, therefore, are overwhelming that the anointed Christian remnant among Jehovah's witnesses today comprise the collective channel of communication."

"This would indicate that Jehovah's witnesses today make their declaration of the good news of the Kingdom under angelic direction and support.....the nations will see the fulfillment of what these witnesses say as directed from heaven." (The Watchtower, April 1,1972, p200)

"Is there any cause for us to lose faith in Jehovah's visible organisation because of mounting difficulties in this world?" (The Watchtower, March 1, 1979, page 12. This issue had this topic title emblazened on the front cover: "PUT FAITH in a VICTORIOUS ORGANISATION".

I'm sure our fellow posters will be giving many more examples.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"There are two ways of moving men, interest and fear" Napoleon

• Caole
    Caole

Hi Kathy,

Now, hopefully, one of you can point me to a Watchtower article that states that the "Faithful and Discreet Slave, or the "Governing Body" gets its ideas directly from God--"food at the proper time" or "new light from God."

There's a whole page full of them on this site...please keep in mind that some of them are summarized
    http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/channel.htm

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Now, hopefully, one of you can point me to a Watchtower article that states that the "Faithful and Discreet Slave, or the "Governing Body" gets its ideas directly from God--"food at the proper time" or "new light from God."

You mean they DON'T get all that wrong stuff from God? Shoot! You just ruined my day. I'll have to go off and find another goofy cult now. I just HATE that part! And that will mess up the shopping I need to do today. Dang!

Farkel makes notes here: dubs are a zero. Find a new cult to worship and give your life, money and energies to so they can live on after they took your money and you die....this makes perfect sense to me.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit