He Said WHAT?!?

by MerryMagdalene 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

In Millions Now Living Will Never Die, Rutherford, 2nd president of the WTBTS, had this to say in regard to Clergy and Religion:

APPEAL TO THE CLERGY

It is not my thought to hold up the clergy to ridicule, but rather would I appeal to them that they fulfil their duty and obligation to the people in this hour of distress. I would remind them that the commission given to all followers of Jesus is not to convert the world and bring them into some organized system. Their commission is not to collect money from the people to carry out these purposes. Their commission is not to persecute others. But their divinely Page 103
    given commission is plainly set forth by the Lord in these words: "The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; Just thought that was a little ironic, considering... ~Merry

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

im feelin ya

• greendawn
    greendawn

Considering that Rutherford was a hypocrite that oppressed his followers and had a great life of luxury, better than any lowly priest could dream of.

By his inspiration the WTS is today a very tightly organised, hierarchical, and dictatorial religion just as any medieval pope would have it.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Ain't that the TRUTH...

~Merry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit