If Satan is truly in charge of the weather...

by Golden Girl 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

He is having a field day in Missouri!

We have had severe thunderstorms here every night for the last 5 nights! I am tired of not having electric..So far they have been pretty good at restoring the power in a few hours..but I am waiting for the overnighter!

OK so I am trying to look on the bright side..at least the days are sunny and nice..

But what can you do when the electric is off in the evening? It's hard to read by candlelight and I don't like the smell of oils in oil lamps..

I need a generator!..

Plus my daughter called me tonight ctying and said she may get fired from her 10 year job tomorrow. Seems she has been calling in after her starting hours and requesting a Vac.day. You are supposed to arrange them in advance. She was put on warning last week and then this weekend she flew to California to visit her daughter and on the way back she missed the 2nd connecting flight and was delayed. She didn't get home until this afternoon.When she called her boss he said he will talk to her tomorrow and hung up.

She has all the proof that it wasn't her fault(The airlines gave her printouts for her boss) to show him. I sure hope he accepts it.She has got to learn to be responsible!..Not her best quality. She has a 7 year old to take care of.

She received $15,000. from a partial payment from a lawsuit last month and it is all gone!

I was shocked when she told me that. How can you spend that much in a month? She did buy some furniture but not that much!

Snoozy...pulling her hair out!..
    ps...I don't want her back! I love her and the other kids at a distance...(But I would take her back if she needs me)

• free2beme
    free2beme

I thought the government controled the weather? Or did those late night radio shows say something that wasn't true.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

But who controls the Government according to the JW's?

Snoozy...who is glad things calmed down here at last!

• avengers
    avengers

I thought Jehovah controlled the weather.
    Since I have been out my house has been hit twice by lightning.
    Guess Big J is really pissed off at me for leaving.
    But if I did the right thing then maybe it was Satan who controlls
    the lightning?

I'm getting confused and frazzled.

. ah the hell with it. Nobody "contolls" the weather.

• Mary
    Mary
    my daughter called me tonight ctying and said she may get fired from her 10 year job tomorrow. Seems she has been calling in after her starting hours and requesting a Vac.day. You are supposed to arrange them in advance. She was put on warning last week and then this weekend she flew to California to visit her daughter and on the way back she missed the 2nd connecting flight and was delayed. She didn't get home until this afternoon.When she called her boss he said he will talk to her tomorrow and hung up.

My sister does this all the time. If she doesn't feel like going to work, she'll phone up and say "book me for 1/2 a day vacation". I've tried telling her over and over again that she shouldn't do that----that they like to have advanced notice but she doesn't seem to think it matters. When your daughter missed the connecting flight, she should have called her boss immediately to tell him what happened. If she wasnt' already treading on thin ice, it probably wouldn't be a big deal, but it just compounded the problem. Plus, I'd be very interested to know exactly what she spent $15,000 on. That's just bullshit that it's all gone that fast. I'd be asking her some pretty tough questions because it sounds like there's something else going on that she's not telling you.

• defd
    defd

But who controls the Government according to the JW's?

The witness dont say that the Goverments are controlled by Satan or that they recieve there power from Satan. The BIBLE does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit