bugged out

by chachasmum 7 Replies latest jw friends

• chachasmum
    chachasmum

Woke up early sat am reached over to turn my alarm off what do i see? a dirty water bug running around on my rug. arrrrrgh. My roomie runs in we turn on the light got it. Oh no there is another and another a total of eight running around in my apartment.

To back track a bit, when i first moved in here i went to the hardware store and got big tubs of spackle and filled in every hole every crack. I was not going to live with roaches and sure enough in two years i think we have seen 4 which we caught. So back to sat, what was going on these big dirty water bugs running around like they owned the place. I called a pest place they came that afternoon. He sprayed and put powder down. We went downstairs to the laundry room which i live directly above. Oh my god it looked like a scene out of fear factor. There were hundreds of water bugs all over the place. The super had sprayed down there they were all over the place and had somehow found a port of entry into my apartment.

I am so grossed out. Sat night i drove to Jersey to stay at a motel for the night. What an experiece i have never seen anything like it. I'm still looking for the critters. I never saw so many water bugs. UGH!

So now i am thinking of moving. This building has a problem with rodents and roaches and i do not want to go through this again. It cost me $200 for that pest man to treat my apartment.

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Oh my God, that is disgusting. I'm so sorry for you. Your landlord should have paid for that pest control bill. I know we lived in a house in Florida growing up. When you keep seeing the critters, it means there's probably a whole nest of them nearby (like you saw in your basement). I think there was a nest of them below the floor of the lower cabinet in the kitchen, and once, when someone was mowing the backyard, they found the motherload living under some concrete blocks against the landlord's backyard shed. We kept telling our landlord, but he didn't really do anything to permenantly solve the problem. It was just so gross and awful. To this day, I am deathly afraid of roaches.

• Sith
    Sith

ChaCha, those "water bugs" (we call them sewer roaches in this part of the country) are coming up from your drains. No amount of spraying inside your house or apartment will keep them out. The insecticide will kill them once they are inside, but won't keep them out. They breed in sewer and drain pipes.

• kls
    kls

Ick,i can't even read this cause it is grossing me out really bad ,ick ,i hate bugs .

Chach, you have a thick skin cause i would be running out the door screaming . Bugs give me the willies ,yuck!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Chachasmum, no worries, cher! We're pretty much inundated with 'em here on the Gulf Coast....but.....I had a friend that clued me in....to the best danged concoction for gettin' rid of 'em I've EVER seen.....

Mix 2 egg whites with 2 Tbsps. Boric Acid and 2 Tbsps. powdered sugar (that's the basic recipe, tho you may need more). What you do is beat it with a spoon until it's a little frothy and use a baster or paint brush (can be washed afterward) to paint all the runners on your kitchen drawers and drawer faces, as well as around all window frames and cabinet doors and shelves and corners and where any cabinetry meets the wall and all your base boards. Within three weeks, all roaches will be dead. They eat the sweet stuff and go back to the hive and die and then their "neighbors" eat them and die, also.

Then to prevent a reinfestation, get the Black Flag little black plastic discs and place around near water sources in the house. You won't see "water bugs" anymore.

I cleared roaches out of a govt. housing apartment building one time, using this method....and recently, when our neighbors moved and the landlord "bombed" the house for roaches, and we began having unwanted "visitors"....I placed out some new Black Flag plastic discs and they were gone almost immediately....no more roaches. We haven't had 'em in years!

Frannie

• chachasmum
    chachasmum

My skin is still crawling from the experience. Management are going to hear from me tomorrow. My roomie should get credit she was the one that caught the buggers. Ugh i keep looking to see if any more have made their way up from that laundry room.

• chachasmum
    chachasmum

Thanks Frannie

What happened the super bombed the laundry room they fled up my way to get away from the poison I don't usually get them but it was so infested down there and i am right above that mess. They saught refuge in my apartment. It was GROSS.

• Purza
    Purza

Okay after reading that -- I would most certainly be out of there! Ugh. Gross!!!

Purza

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit