Well....it's that time of year again.

by Nocturne 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Nocturne
    Nocturne

That's right, we're in District Convention season, and of course that means it's been a year now since i left the dubs (time goes by way too fast). Right now all my old friends are probably getting ready for the big event, hoping to meet they're potential mate. Obviously, I've already gotten my invitation to go (if i went, would i be allowed to wear a name tag??) but i've already declined. Besides that, and the memorial, my mom has been very quiet to me about the whole dub issue which is always good. But it's not like i've had no exposure to the dubs in this time. I've had to go to two jw funerals, and everyone who's been to one knows that it sounds more like a public talk than a funeral service. For the first funeral, I swear, if I would have heard the word "resurection" one more time I would have snapped.

At the second funeral, it was for a relative of mine who also went to my old congregation but it was held at a funeral home. Alot of dubs from my old hall showed up, and of course the most embarassing moment was when this older sister in my congregation came up to me and started saying out loud: "oh my son, why did you leave, why did you leave? Please come back, Jehovah misses you". At least the funeral talk was better. It wasn't given by an elder, but by a MS who actually knew my relative, and it wasn't full of jw doctrine.

So pretty much, in the past year I've encountered over half my congregation at some point in time....sometimes in strange settings. Like this morning, around 2am i was walking towards my car to head home, and as I'm crossing the street, I recognized the car that was waiting at the intersection. The guy inside looked at me, called out my name to get my attention. It was one of my buddies from the old congregation. He was always nice, he isn't baptized, and was just studying. We had a quit chat in the middle of the intersection and before i had to go since his light was going to turn green, he asked me if I needed a ride somewhere, I said no since my car was only a 2 minute walk from there (it was really nice for him to offer)

Although I'm quite happy to be out of the WTS, I will still miss those DCs because something funny always happened.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

It's so nice to hear how far along you've come since you first came to this site, Nocturne! All that worrying we do, so much stressing out about leaving. It can't be helped; how else could we feel?

Not to mention all those issues that come up along the way, right? Each one with their own special set of circumstances but the common thread for all of us. You seem to be managing everything very well. I'm so happy for you!

Please keep posting! We don't hear anywhere near enough from you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit