Killing the WTS subtly programmed ideas.

by greendawn 7 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

After leaving the JWs can you recall any instance(s) where more or less suddenly becoming aware of a hitherto unconscious WTS idea(s) subtly programmed into your mind, brought a great positive change in your persective of things and your overall disposition?

(Once a subconscious idea is brought up to awareness it is easier to dispose of.)

Or perhaps the above happened when you really grasped the meaning of a programmed idea you were always consciously aware of.

• Ticker
    Ticker

For me the one of the biggest and best realizations was that the world is not black and white as the witnesses try to represent and enforce. Actually I find the world is very colored and has shades of grey but no black and white, that means for me that the world and the people in it are a very exciting and interesting part of life. Its exciting when you see the world for what it really is, just a bunch of people all trying to exist and cope, and that their are alot of good people in this world. Ive done alot more travelling since my exit from Jdubism and I have found that people living in other countries and with different ideas are strickly that, people with different ideas but they are still good hearted people. My experience even though their are genuine hearted people in the witness religion has been that true friends are seldom found within the JW walls but rather they are more readily found in the world. And also I carry no JW prejudice, people in the world are not scary but rather quite interesting to meet.

Ticker

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's indeed one of the greatest challenges an ex-JW faces, to knock down the invisible wall that shuts him out from that vital feeling that he is part of mankind, an ordinary human being among ordinary human beings.

The WTS has greatly demonised all non JWs labelling them with the contemptuous term worldly people much as the Jews called all non Jews gentiles, a supposedly morally inferior lot.

The world is a mixed place and there are plenty of people who are much nicer than the typical JW and one has the option to mingle with these.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

It was so WOW at first finding these things hidden away--some not so well--but now I see it as a challenge to get the ones that are more sublte. I am also noticing things that were planted not by the JWs but by our culture and society at large.

I like to think of these things as aberational eddies and currents in the stream of conscious thought.

• greendawn
    greendawn

They are aberrant ideologies and the point is not to take them seriously at heart, to me everything unravelled when I realised that the 1914 date was clearly wrong and that causes the entire WTS ideology and presumed status to collapse to rubble, the end is not near and so the whole claim of them being the org doing the separation of sheep and goat near the end, sole channel of God on earth, fear of the big A, all go out the window.

• TheListener
    TheListener

That there are good people who honestly care for one another. Not everyone who isn't a witness is a selfish, greedy jerk.

• greendawn
    greendawn

And indeed there are also witnesses that are greedy money grabbers.

Generally there are people that are much nicer than the JWs outside in the world, despite the way they get demonised by the WTS.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

I cared about people who were "gonna die"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit