Stepford Wives

by Abaddon 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

How many people think that the wife-droids in the Stepford Wives are pretty much an idealised representation of the JW wife?

... well, okay, apart from the rampant sex monster thing... I mean the well-groomed, demure, subservient behind hubbies shoulder where she should be, keeping a perfect home.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

he he,

i thought the whole movie was a nice metaphor for being a wit. controled environment. paranoia. cut off from information. even the husbands reminded me of guys in my old hall. just substitute materialism for spirituality, and presto! JWs.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

theres one difference..the meek mild subservient female tone of voice disapears when theres no one around to hear it lol

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Amen TS.

The only thing worse than the elders is their wives.

I had a very good childhood friend (we don't talk much anymore) but his dad was an elder and his mom was SUCH A BITCH. She wouldn't let him watch any movie rated PG13 and he could only see the PG movies she APPROVED. This wasn't when he was young either. He's now 18, has graduated high school, and HIS SENIOR YEAR IN HIGH SCHOOL was the first time he had ever seen a movie.

He is so brainwashed. He doesn't use public restrooms because they harbor homosexuals... I mean damn, EvilForce- let him pee!

I don't know why I am saying this here but yes it is reminiscent.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

LOL, the google ad for this thread cracked me up. i have preserved it for your entertainment...

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Thats great TS! LMAO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit