Quitting smoking

by Glofishy 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Glofishy
    Glofishy

I've smoked for years and I've been smoke free for about a month now. My doc gave me Zanax and Wellbutrin to help me with the cravings, and also gave me the green light to use nicotine gum. It's working well so far, but I was wondering if the org also prohibits the use of nicotine gum? Not that it's going to affect my usage of it, it just crossed my mind today and got me wondering.

Anyone else have experiences with quitting smoking? I'm told that at some point I'm supposed to hate the smell of smoke, but I don't! I love passing by and standing next to people that smoke. Will this ever go away?

• under74
    under74

I haven't quit yet. I've know both types--people who quit and hate the smell. People who quit and still like the smell. But....sorry, I can't tell you first hand.

I'm sure with a little more time it'll get better.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Hello Glofishy. I've smoked for most of my adult life. I've been married for 9 years, of those nine, + the additional years with the one who is now my wife, she's known me more to be a smoker than not. Newports where my favorite brand.

I had a choice of either stopping and saving a huge chunk of my money for food & fuel for the MarkVIII, or continue to smoke and have one or the other suffer. I love to eat, and I love to drive. So I got myself on the patch again, Nicotrol. It's very effective.

If any truth to the fact exist that it takes at least 7 times before someone truly quits smoking, than I must have reached my 7th time 4 years ago, coming in November. All I needed to do was keep my composure should anything or anyone upset me. Not controlling your emotions leaves one open for failure.

I hate the smell of cigarette smoke now, I never really cared for it, but now that I no longer smoke, it's especially offensive to me.

Keep pluggin away glofishy, if your spouse or lover, should you have one, is not a smoker, the changeover must be great for them. My wife doesn't smoke, and I always hated getting within ten feet of her because of my smokers breath, now I'm in her face anytime I want. More often than she would like at times, now!

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

Although I've smoked off and on for the past five years, I could never stand the smell of cigarette smoke. Inhaling is fine as long as it's done through the mouth, but once it gets up my nose I start feeling nauseous.

I wish I could be of some help. Luckily I've never become addicted and don't get cravings. I'm not sure why I smoke at all really; I guess it's more of a habit out of boredom. All of my friends smoke when we go out, so I jumped on the bandwagon.

Good luck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit