JWs at The NGO Fair!

by Voyager 9 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Voyager
    Voyager

JWs At The "NGO" Fair!

Previously, Dogpatch (Randy) had requested some further checking into

the 2003 Georgia NGO listing of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

In typing in the (date) of 2003, I didn’t find to much more on the (Georgia)

information than what had already been posted. But the (date) 2003 did

bring up this little bit of information. A NGO "Fair" was held from November

20-23, and Jehovah’s Witnesses were there.

There is (no) claim here of U.N. collaboration or scandal, and I only posted in this

section because it is NGO related. however, it is quite interesting how Jehovah’s

Witnesses (admit) their (scrambling) to be part of an NGO Fair to promote their

literature. Perhaps the term (be no part of the world), is a forgotten doctrine.

Perhaps that rule was forgotten just as 1914 seems to now be a joke as well.

It appears that Jehovah’s Witnesses don’t care who they collaborate with, as long

as it results in the promotion of their literature.

The Watchtower/2005/April/15th/Page-8/ states quote:

God has opened the way to help satisfy that need. One day in November

2003, the Macedonian office of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Skopje received an

unexpected phone call.

It was from the (Macedonian Center for International

Cooperation), (inviting) the Witnesses to (set up a booth) to explain their

beliefs at a three-day (fair) that was to start on November 20. What a grand

opportunity to reach thousands of people who had never heard the Kingdom

good news!

Volunteers (scrambled) to prepare and set up (a display) of various publications

of Jehovah’s Witnesses in the Macedonian language. Samples of this literature

were laid out so that visitors could (take copies) if they so desired. The display

gave many the opportunity to get refreshing spiritual water free.

The "Fair" that the Watchtower article above speaks about, was a NGO Fair

that was held from November 20-23.

ECMI Regional NGO Resource Centers from Skopje, Tetovo, Gostivar, Bitola,

Kumanovo, and Shtip participated with their exhibition stands at the (NGO Fair)

organized by Macedonian for International Cooperation (MCIC) together with the

Foundation Open Society Institute-Macedonia (FOCIM) and the Institute for

Sustainable Communities (ISC), November 20-22.

(Find above statement on page 5 here:

http://www.ecmi.de/download/newsletter_no31.pdf ).

So it was actually an (NGO) Fair that was being help at the Macedonian Center

for International Cooperation, and the Watchtower tells us, that the Jehovah’s

Witnesses (scrambled) to be a part of it and set up their display!

Pictures of the NGO Fair can be seen here. Count (7) pictures down, and that

will give you the date of November 20-22.

http://www.ecmingonet.org.mk/news_archive/uk/news_uk_nov2003.asp

Here is what the Macedonian Center for International

Cooperation is really all about.

YOU MAY NEED TO CUT AND PASTE INTO BROWSER

http://www.mcms.org.mk/default-en.asp?ItemID=5E1046C6F165A0489E9EA4241ADF990E

Mission Statement

The Macedonian Centre for International Cooperation

(MCIC) is a civic

society organisation that operates in the domain of sustainable development,

awareness building and social-humanitarian (basic) assistance.

The goal of MCIC is the promotion, support and development of local,

national and international initiatives for encouraging sustainable development

of human resources in Macedonia and abroad.

MCIC provides funding for the activities from numerous agencies of the World

Council of Churches and from governmental and international organisations.

GOALS, SECTORS AND METHODS

The strategic goals of MCIC are:

promotion of peace;

further development of a civic society;

help to needy groups.

MCIC is active in the following sectors:

water supply and sanitation;

health and education;

rural development;

employment and income generation;

civic society and democratisation;

emergency aid.

MCIC implements its activities through:

financial support to projects;

training and consulting;

information;

representation and lobbying;

management.

MCIC is re-registered in the Register of Citizen Associations and Foundations,

at the Primary Court Skopje I, under registration number 492, by Resolution No.

434/99, dated 06.10.1999.

Source number: 4878256.
    Unique tax number: 4030994180119.

MCIC is registered in the Register of Citizen Associations and Foundations,

at the Ministry of Internal Affairs, City Bureau for Internal Affairs (GUVR)

Skopje, under registration number 1668, by Resolution No. 10-7190/1, dated

09.09.1994, as a social organisation for social and humanitarian goals, with

source number: 4878256.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Thanks Voyager...

I find this fascinating since I have been studing the subject on the UN and NGO's..I found the letter the UN posted about receiving so many inquiries they are refusing to answer any more questions about the JW's..but they empahtically state they resigned in 10/2001!..I keep seeing their involvement in one way or another with the NGO Title.I can't erase this feeling they are up to something..possibly registered under another name?..I know they have seperate corporations now to protect themselves from lawsuits..

I checked all the listed NGO's but there are so many..and I couldn't figure out who they were..

I think they have been recognized in the past as an NGO member and people may just be taking it for granted that they still are.(Georgia)

Kind of taking advantage of the system aren't they?..Using them to promote their religion and yet talking about how much God hates them and is going to destroy them?

What happened to "Not being a part of the world" ?

I could go on but want to look up ypur links..thanks

Snoozy..

• Voyager
    Voyager

Golden Girl:

Thanks Snoozy I appreciate it! I feel the same as you do, and believe that they have registered under a different name or an (individual) JW is using his or her name. There could be several names being used.

Hardly anyone had heard of (CETJAD) until it was investigated. It was started by JWs also!

Thanks Snoozy!

• JGraves
    JGraves

Yep, there is no neutrality from the world, if there is *no* apology on the part of the WatchTower Bible and Tract Society.

All that would be required for any decent member of the religion to rejoin is an *apology* nothing else, I went to the elders and before a judicial confessed everything I've been through and I've said sorry, why cant the WTBS print an apology in a magazine for this: http://www.un.org/dpi/ngosection/watchtower.pdf

But my full factual disfellowshipping account regarding the UN scandal is here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/90986/1.ashx

Love/Peace

Jason

• garybuss
    garybuss

I think the "no part of this world" part only applies to the Witness people regarding voting and having a decent education and job. It obviously doesn't apply to the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation and it's long history of political lobbying and memberships.

• Voyager
    Voyager

I think the "no part of this world" part only applies to the Witness people regarding voting and having a decent education and job. It obviously doesn't apply to the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation and it's long history of political lobbying and memberships.

Now there is a true statement if I ever heard one!

Thanks Garybuss!

• Voyager
    Voyager

I have a scan of the Watchtower article, but it won't attach for me, so maybe someone else might have it.

It shows a picture of the (booth) set up by the Witnesses, and a JW standing there with an identification card on. Looks like he is very pleased at what is is doing in the picture!

Watchtower literature attached to the walls, and on tables etc.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Ive only recently learned about this (since coming on this site) and it staggers me. Why dont they just aeroplane drop crates of magazines into city centres????

• jomac
    jomac

As http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/92005/reply.ashx says, yes, the main Watchtower corporate entity may have cut the ties FORMALLY while another of its corporate tentacles continues the UN ties FORMALLY (or even informally) as an NGO more on the quiet. It is also definitely possible to associate INFORMALLY rather than openly, formally do so. Wait till JW members find out what's still going on!

Think about it like this. During the 10 years that the Watchtower corporate mother had her formal NGO status with the UN, there were many personal ties developed between the Watchtower reps and UN staff. Did submitting a piece of paper suddenly end all the friendships? WHAT does our sense of reasoning tell us about this?

Also, Watchtower NGO-UN ties, whether FORMAL or INFORMAL, and whether between the main Watchtower legal entity or one of its SISTER corporations and the UN, still bring major financial benefits to the Watchtower as a whole. Why would Mother end all ties when its so easy to pretend to do so and yet get to keep the money?

If somebody asks "what" money is there from an affair with the UN, then they aren't well-informed. For example in some African nations the U.N. has provided lots of assistance to the Watchtower Society or JWs in general such as housing that would otherwise cost Watchtower lots of money. And that's just one example. This has gone on for years.

Why would Teddy Jaracz "the boss" end things completely, then, when as the number one many so many years at head of Watchtower security ("Service" department branch) he was so used to using "theocratic warfare" to fool WT "enemies"? Who cares what JWs in the U.S., Canada, Australia and Europe think when it can still go on - that's the kind of reasoning he finds so convenient.

When picketing the kingdom halls over the hiding of child molesters, let's not forget the UN affair. They make the elders preach against the U.N. in the kingdom halls but in the back alleys of New York there's way too much business as usual!

• rootofallevil
    rootofallevil

the main Watchtower corporate entity may have cut the ties FORMALLY while another of its corporate tentacles continues the UN ties FORMALLY (or even informally) as an NGO more on the quiet.

Does anyone know if this is a fact? If so, under what corporate name are they an NGO?

This is pretty damaging stuff, since the WBTS has written letters to the congos stating they have fully disassociated themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit