Feeling everything is going to be ok (Relying on Jehovah)

by rick1199 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• rick1199
    rick1199

Does any one else have a small voice a the back of their head telling them every thing is going to be ok ? And does any one else find this gets them into trouble ?

Its only been just over a year since I stopped beliesving that Jehovah would solve all my problems, but evan now I tend have a small feel that something will come along that will get me out of any situation. For example I am training to be a teacher and have left a lot of stuff till the last minute, but keep telling my self I can get it done and it will all work out in the end. I KNOW this is some thing I to do, but FEEL that as its a big problem some thing should come along to help me out.

Does any one else get this feeling or am I just getting lazy ?

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    Does any one else have a small voice a the back of their head telling them every thing is going to be ok ? And does any one else find this gets them into trouble ?

Not getting stressed out is a priviledge... I think witnesses have the opposite problem... They are all worked up about everything...

• swiftbreeze
    swiftbreeze

I've been unemployed for a few months and i had just ran out of money in fact i was down to my last dollar and didnt know what i was going to do...and then a job called and i got hired...

it's like when i'm on my last leg and i think i'm going to fall something happens and i'm able to keep going. it's like you have to ride the wave until you come to shore....

• Sith
    Sith

I hope this isn't a duplicate post...but what the hell do I know? I'm a computer illiterate

I have that voice in my head too..telling me that everything's gonna be alright. The thing is, the voice sounds like me, not Joe Hoba. I've given up the fantasy and crutch that the DUmBs handed me. I know things will be okay, because I've learned to be self-reliant. The good things in my life don't come from Ol' Joe, and the bad things don't come from Satan. I'm making my life what it is, and that's a damn fine feeling

• theotherside
    theotherside

yes Sith its all apart of being deprogramed from every thing hinges on what we do 4 god and not what he has done 4 us. Thats how JWs are kept in fear of not doing enough 2 deaserve Gods favor when in reality we can never do enough thats why Jesus died. The borg keeps people in fear and BUSY with watchtower agenda in this way. When u step back u see things are not the way they say the world around us opens up and its like u said everything is going 2 be ok.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I believe that what will be will be. I never wanted to wholly rely on Jehovah, although I felt he helped on some occasions. Some times things work out ok for you, other times they dont.

• ljwtiamb
    ljwtiamb
    I've been unemployed for a few months and i had just ran out of money in fact i was down to my last dollar and didnt know what i was going to do...and then a job called and i got hired...

I've had very similar situations & in the past would have seen them as evidence of divine intervention, jeh's protection, blessing, etc.

However, now I see the same things happening to worldly people, folks in christendom & pagandom, apostates & even people like me, a melange of all the above.

It's interesting because one of my biggest fears outside of wt was that my entire world would just fall apart, that I'd be totally on my own & a sitting duck for satan & his demons.

What a nut case I was am.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit