Post exam blues...:(

by Frog 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Frog
    Frog

Hi all...I've just come out from my major Sociology exam for uni, and just want to revert into a small ravene and curl up and die:(( Sociology is my major, and favourite subject. I've been at the top all semester with my results from papers I have written, and hoped to ace the exam. I read over the exam questions and I knew the material very well, and was very confident in writing my response. It was my first uni exam so unbeknowns to me I didn't realise that some disciplines don't allow you to write your reponse in pencil...guess who wrote their whole paper in pencil?! mwah. It occurred to me, near the end of my writing that I should in fact check that it was okay to use pencil (why I didn't ask before I do not know). I inquired to be told that no, as a matter of security the exam should not be written in pencil. I nearly died at this point as you can imagine. Fortunatley I had written my exam responses in about half the allocated time. The examiner gave me a new booklet and asked me to rewrite my response. I got 2/3 the way through and realised I wasn't going to finish it in time, I called the examiner over and asked to speak with the head lecturer, to which she responded that my work in pencil wouldn't be invalid, it was only a matter of security!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I sat there and rewrote all that work for nothing. I had planned to spend the rest of the time embelishing my work, fixing it, and adding to it, but because of this I didn't have time. Don't get me wrong I know it was my own fault for not reading the instructions properly, thus the reason why I'm severely beating myself up over it. I could just cry thinking about it:( sad froglett

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Ahh frog, Im sorry. I know I've done similar things. It'll be alright wont it? Dont beat yourself up too much. Lesson learned right?

((((((froglett))))))

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

AWWWW HUGS.

Don't feel bad. You were probably really complacent. Happens to the best of us. It's finals week at my school as well. I'm hoping to get a 4.0, but I missed five questions on one exam and on the hands-on portion missed by ten points, so I'm trying not to get too freaked out.

It's a good thing you're not in the IT field. Some of those certifications--though not required to graduate, but still required for a good job--will kick your ass. Too bad, I wouldn't have had to take some of my final exams had I passed two of my certification tests!

Like IP_SEC said: Lesson learned?

laters

kaykay_mp

• Frog
    Frog

thanks guys ((()))...a couple of hours on from the tragedy, and I've almost recovered. Yeah, lesson definitely learnt, although be in the the hard way. I'm going to console myself shortly with a few pints of my favourite brew yumm, frogglett xx

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

I finished my exams up in April. For some reason, my university likes to speed things through.

The good news is that its only one class, if you fail it, you can take it again or just take another class to make up the credit.

Now, in Calculus, I didn't study as much as I should (well, I did study, but the Prof. didn't explain the stuff well). I failed 2/3 midterms. But then I passed the final and I got a C or a C+.

And in Biology, I never really paid attention (Cell biology, so exciting!). At the end of the year, I crammed, but I didn't really know what I was learning. I got 50% in the midterm, but in the end I squeaked through with just 60%. *whew*

And it's definitely not as embarressing as writing an essay on the reforms of Cliesthenes (of Athens), and you ascribe the reforms of Solon to Cliesthenes! (Fortunately, I pulled through with my other essay and on the short answer).

Of course, I only did poorly in science courses, which is good 'cause I'm a Classics major (technically undeclared, though).

I always say, "Next year, I'll work harder," but it never happens. But that's going to change, in September, I'm really going to work hard. Really!

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

I spent waaaay too many years in uni....just reading these makes me break out in hives. LOL

And with that I bid you all goodnight and adieu....

• Es
    Es

Oh hun you poor darls es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit