A Course In Miracles

by homesteader 4 Replies latest jw friends

• homesteader
    homesteader

Is anyone here familiar with the book A Course In Miracles? As I look back in retrospect this book was instrumental in the deprogramming of my mind from all the JW indroctination. One of the most useful things I learned is to stop judging and you will not be judged, stop reviling and you will not be reviled. I'm am so happy to be free from my career of judging people for anything and everything. In reading many of the posts here it seems like some of the folks are very quick to judge others. A Course In Miracles might help.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

I started A Course In Miracles some twenty years ago, but it was too regimented for me, doing the daily thing. From what I remember it does offer a far grander understanding of the Divine as compared to most main steam beliefs; which could indeed be helpful in deprogramming.

j

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

I found the course insulting to my intelligence by pretending to be channeled from a mythical Jesus who is not even like the other mythical Jesus....however that said, there are lots of gems to be found....

as C T Russell is rumored to have said, and perhaps did say - if Satan speaks the truth, its still the truth.... so following Advise I found from Buddha - test everything yourself and use what works.

the course is made by two psychologists, why they felt compelled to dress it up as a religious fantasy is beyond me, but perhaps many would not have read it if it were presented as non-fiction in the typical style of researchers....who knows...perhaps they really were hearing voices, not for me to say....

I found many things ring solid, some a bit hollow...test for yourself....just like anything else you read.

• poppers
    poppers

I came across A Course in Miracles many years ago and couldn't really get through it - too many words and too formulaic for my taste. All of those words can be reduced to "Be still" (even futher reduceable to "be") but that won't appeal to those whose minds need something to chew on. For those who like such regimentation (as JT has described it) it can be life changing.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I got it at the library a couple of months ago and read a little of it,,I was quite turned off by it, in the same way Zennudist first discribed.

It was way to wordy, and the context seem so unbelievable to to put it mildly. I think these Psyhcs who wrote it are pulling a fast one on everyone.

Thier maybe some good stuff in there about not judging and maybe some other good things, but the content in no way justifies beleif, and if you read the book long enough you feel pulled into it because it starts to tell you how to think which I did not like at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit