Don't woory about skin cancer, new system will be here soon!

by wordlywife 4 Replies latest jw friends

• wordlywife
    wordlywife

My JW step-daughter has taken to tanning salons and sunning herself a lot, contrary to her JW dad warning her (even used one of current Awake article), and me worldly wife telling her she should be careful, a relative of mine died from malignant melanoma, it is rough to watch someone you love go through this.

Her comeback was "Oh well, the new system will be here soon!"

Oh Lordy....................

Worldly Wife

• carla
    carla

Wouldn't that be considered rather vain for a jw to do? Besides, shouldn't she be spending her time out in service? And how about the money? Surely, the hell could use it more than the tanning salon! carla

• wordlywife
    wordlywife

Carla:

Did you mean "the hall could use it" rather than "the hell could use it"?? Tee hee..... Freudian slip?

ww

• chrissy
    chrissy

Oh my!! lol (as nerds say),

that totally takes me back to my teen years as a JW, circa 1995....my fellow girlfriends and I sunbathing in our modest one piece's under the advice of an older sister who promised us the same deliverance from skin cancer!! "Don't worry" she says, "the new system..."

Yeah right....you should see this lady today. The new system did not come and she is stuck with skin like a leathery handbag.

You should tell your step daughter about jergens natural glow it isa sunless tanner of sorts, only it is mixed w. a lotion so it is super easy to use and does not streak. I used it recently and loved it.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Wow--I'm surprised, even the most loyal Dubs usually have more honor for health and life than that. I'm a redhead with freckles, so I stay out of the sun as much as possible. I hate to think what her skin will look like years down the road when the big A doesn't come.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit