should you be rebaptized ?

by josephus 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• josephus
    josephus

im thinking of be rebaptized.

it seems very few think the jw baptism is correct and i should get redone, as it were.

any thoughts

josephus

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

ya, i would say not to bother. if it's allah or vishnu that welcome you into paradise after you pass-on, you may offend them.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Other posters have pondered this question. Some thoughts are on this thread.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

If you "think" Josephus, that baptism is important and that there is something to gain, even if it is some degree of peace-of-mind, then by all means go for it. ASAP. What have you to lose?

When we believe in a deity, and it kills and/or punishes, then it seems wise to do what ever we can to protect ourselves. Baptism could be seen as a mighty powerful good-luck charm.

Follow your heart and be at peace.

j

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

Which church are you thinking of being re-baptised in?

It might be important because you were not baptised in the name of the father the son and the holy spirit.

That is a requirement for baptism which the jw's leave out

So maybe ask a church about this, or go to www.catholic.com and speak to the christians there note not all of the people on the forum there are catholics so you'll be able to hear from people from different faiths.

Evanescence

• Glofishy
    Glofishy

Personally, if your old life "died" and you received baptism as an outward expression of that, I would think it's enough, but if you wanna get dunked again, I'd say go for it, it can't hurt! :)

I was baptized a Catholic as a baby (unwillingly) and baptized in a Baptist church willingly at the age of 12. My baptism in the Baptist church was enough for me. I knew I was getting baptized as a symbol of my old life dying and a new one beginning with a relationship with God. I'm not interested in getting baptized with the JW's because I think there's too many rules and provisos that frankly aren't biblically sound. Besides, I'm turning 40 this year and I'm waaaay past jumping through hoops for man's rules.

If you do it, make sure to take pictures! I regret that pictures weren't taken when I was baptized, as it was a very special time in my life and my relationship with God.

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

You only need to be baptised once, but I don't think the jws baptised you in the name of the father and of the son and of the holy spirit which is required so you might want to do it again in a church that does....

But its up to you

Evanescence

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit