should you be rebaptized ?

by josephus 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• josephus
  • love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I've been thinking about letting a Christian Church rebaptise me. The only baptism I ever had was a JW one.

• Terry
    Terry

I'm rebaptised each and every time I have a flashback to the mind-control I endured while among the Witnesses.

I'm rebaptised with recriminations for a life wasted and an opportunity for education ignored.

I'm rebaptised every time an irrational thought enters my mind or I hear a frightened and superstitious person fear the END is near.

I'm rebaptised with a sense of loss as I recall friends who are no longer friends because they refuse to speak to me.

I'm rebaptised with anger as I own up to the fact I drove a wedge into my family's peace and serenity by alienating them with my cult worship indoctrinations.

I'm rebaptised with shame that I never looked at my fellow man as an equal; but, instead mentally marked everybody I met as a "sheep" or "goat" (to be converted or doomed).

I'm rebaptised with anxiety that somebody I preached to is stuck in that hell-on-earth at a local Kingdom Hall being browbeaten into submission by the carrot and the stick of Almighty Jehovah's great and powerful Oz routine.

I'm rebaptised in my nightmares of doorknocking and parroting cut and pasted scriptures into a pastiche of numb numbers and daft dates in an effort to score another touchdown for the Governing Body and their world conquest.

I'm rebaptised on the JWD here when I see posts where some current rank and file member defends the actions of a small group of mind-controllers who drain the last drop of life out of their membership while wielding power like donkey's tail swats flies.

NO THANKS, I'll pass up any opportunity to go through it all for real!

Terry

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Would I have to believe in God?

GBL

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

True baptism needs to be done in the name of the father, the son and the holy spirit, I posted about this on your other thread, so look at that one

Evanescence

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit