Saturday Convention Talk (Return to the Shepherd)

by 95stormfront 8 Replies latest jw friends

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

from the notes of "incognita".........

Saturdays talk, Return to the Shepherd of your Souls, was basically a 20 minute talk applied to those who've drifted or are drifting away; the basic jist was that we're all losers and that we'd better get reactivated and have a renewed vitality for the truth because without it, directly quoting "incognita", "Our Life is Empty and Meaningless and we'll have no joy".

Inactive ones need the help of the elders because we're sinners and have lost our love for Gee-hobah. (So much for them not being able to read hearts.) We have simply lost our zeal, and got carried away with the anxieties of life. And maybe we feel uncomfortable comming back to the hall. HERE IS THE COUNSEL TO THE ELDERS---------'YOU ARE TO GIVE THESE ONES A WARM WELCOME WHEN THEY COME BACK TO THE HALL"

Apparently, then they had a brother up there relaying an introspective moment talking to himself saying he has no friends and he misses the meetings and his spiritual food, and how kind the elders are to stop by and give him the latest releases from the convention and that they must really love him after a year of not going to meetings, the usual tripe of portraying everyone on the outside of the organization as lost and alone without their guidance.

Of course, at the end of his introspection, he's decides to go back.........TODAY.

Cue the robotic clapping..........

Cue the next speaker........

......."incognita".......

• xjwms
    xjwms

When was this talk given?

Will I expect pressure now?

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Last weekend's conventions

• NotBlind
    NotBlind

Since when do the elders stop by with the newest convention releases? When I was going, the Bookroom Nazis made sure it was "one per attendee". IOW, no extra books for the inactive or fading. I'll keep that in mind if I stop by the bookroom for releases this year. I'll take 20 copies, please, for the inactive...

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

That was awesome, thanks Storm. I hope you give more rundowns on all of the parts, especially anything involving 'apostates'.

GBL

• Martyrion
    Martyrion

Interesting, did you get to know what the new releases were?

• Netty
    Netty
    'YOU ARE TO GIVE THESE ONES A WARM WELCOME WHEN THEY COME BACK TO THE HALL"

A far cry from the counsel that was given to the elders back in the late 80's early 90's. My elder father was told that he was to confront anyone who came into the kingDUMB hall with these exact words "What are your intentions here?" Yup, I kid you not. It kept me scared S#!Tless from coming back to meetings for the longet time. So, whats the difference now, they are DESPERATE to bring their numbers up is all.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Apparently, then they had a brother up there relaying an introspective moment talking to himself saying he has no friends

ahh yes the soliloquy.

To be or not to be -- that is the question,
    Whether tis nobler in the mind
    to suffer the slings and arrows of
    My life without the witnesses
    Or to take arms against the Sea of wicked mankind
    And by preaching, end them?

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    ahh yes the soliloquy.

Now with dramatic gestures, and loud exhaling in the microphone!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit