Watchtower Society and Horse Race?

by RevFrank 3 Replies latest jw friends

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

http://tarlton.law.utexas.edu/dawson/cases/taxes/lufkin.htm

I ran across this link. Horse breading and the Watchtower Society? Any lawyers out there?

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

How is the WTBTS connected to this?

I found it interesting in the fact that when I worked in the bank..there were quite a few people in the area that still had farm property. They would come in at certain times of the year with HUGE checks..the government paid them to NOT grow crops..

Sort of a land preservative thing. That way the ground could become rich again and wouldn't be overused.

Pretty good scam for the farmers..like a early retirement!

And they usually had full time jobs elsewhere anyway..didn't want to be farmers.

I sure am NOT a lawyer..but wish you would give me a nutshell about the case..I think I understand it but not sure..

Snoozy...

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

Last year I found a link concerning the Watchtower Society and a horse race track.Dealing in gambling....?

Yet now I can't find it today. But then again in a google.com search engine I find plenty of sub-stories considering the Race track and the Watchtower......

Even if the Watchtower just supported someone or a group who owned or supported Horse racing, gambling is involved. And if so would the society say it's just like the U.N. scandal?

I heard that only the SHADOW knows for sure....

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

If I see it correctly they are just referring in the last section to another case that involved the Watchtower. Not necessarily connected to races.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit