Weight, Health, & Exercise

by patio34 6 Replies latest social physical

• patio34
    patio34

Having been a yo-yo dieter for decades and being 20-30 pounds overweight now, I have reached some conclusions that follow. What do you think (it goes without saying I want opinions or else why start a thread?)?

1. Recent press statements indicate overweight isn't nearly as harmful to health/longevity as previously thought.

2. The more I diet, the fatter I get.

3. Having done considerable geneaology, all but one of my ancestresses I've seen photos of (four g-g-mothers) for the past 100 years were considerably overweight (indicating possible genetic predispostion).

4. Not interested in finding a "mate."

5. I work out at the gym or walk 5-6 times a week (lifting maximum weights that I can). You'd think I wouldn't have a weight problem, but I do. But I have really big muscles, lol.

So, therefore:

1. I am going to be content and happy with my current weight, not predicating my happiness for the day with whether I stuck to a diet.

2. I am not going to eat junk food for the most part, but will occasionally enjoy a treat.

3. I'm going to enjoy life and not postpone it or enjoy it only when my weight occasionally goes down!

To me this seems the only way for me to live comfortably the rest of my life and I don't recommend it for others, just me.

Pat

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

If you are eating healthy reasonable portions and exercising, and are content with your wieght, then you are doing terrific.

GBL

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

I used to be a slim 9 stone 8 - I am now 12 stone 4 and I'm not any taller. I think changing my diet and lifestyle is possible but I don't know whether I have the willpower to leave JWD and do some exercise...

• talesin
    talesin

You forgot the most important thing,,, CHOCOLATE every day!

Hi, Patio, I was thinking of you today,,, so of course, you posted a thread. ;)

tal

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

((((Pat))))
    How you doin'?

It seems an age since Florida!

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Tal, Toe, Qcmbr, and GBL,

It's sooo good to see everyone again. I've been caring for my 6 yo grandson for six months, but now he's gone home again. It was a bit on the busy side.

Catching up on the board and other "grown-up" activities

Pat

• ASchwarzenegger
    ASchwarzenegger

You are lifting to many baby weights and not enough giant 10ft chest builders!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit