which would be better?

by carla 6 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

In following Jaffacake's posts, a comment was made that when the guy gets baptised and the love bombing stops he may see things differently then. My question is would it be better to do all you can to stop a baptism or don't worry about it because then the changes may seem extreme enough for the person to think, 'hey, I didn't sign up for this!'. Not that you can stop a baptism

• kls
    kls

Carla you can't stop the baptism and if you try the jws will love bomb him even more and you will become the enemy as in the Devil is trying to to stop him from his life serving Jah. The jws are told to be on constant watch for others to stumble their gods people and that nothing should block their way and no one and the one thing you don't need now is more jw love bombing to push him farther and you become the enemy.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I don't know about that. My baptism was 32 years back - and the 'love bombing' stopped shortly after that. But the concept held me in the fantasy fog for 30 years.

So - stop the baptism if u can find a way...

IMHO

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

But certainly kls makes a good point!

Jeff

• Honesty
    Honesty

It's better for them if they check out the WTBTS on the internet before even thinking about studying with them.

• M.J.
    M.J.

from what I've read before it sounds like you're already very soundly in the "opposer" category. Plus you've already shown him the factual issues. Look up what happened to Check Your Premises as he went through the same issues before his wife's baptism. The biggest thing you must work on is building trust and rapport with him. Any attack on the JWs from here on out will carry negative consequences. The only way he'll even consider delaying baptism is if you can get him to empathize with your concerns on a personal level and have the willingness to really look at things from your point of view. This takes time, which you may not have.

In any case, even if he does get baptized, all hope is not lost. Just keep building bridges. He won't listen to you until he trusts you.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

The problem is, as the baptism date nears, they are taught the demons will be working overtime to stop the baptism. So the hader you try the more proof they say that Satan is tempting. Its catch 22. I'm watching this one too for more advice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit