Music recommendations for ...?

by Markfromcali 7 Replies latest social entertainment

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

There has been similar threads, but maybe if we get more specific about when we like to listen to a particular CD it could be interesting. I was just listening to the Oracle CD by Michael Hedges, great mellow acoustic guitars and I love the cover of Tomorrow Never Knows. So this one I'd say is for relaxing and blissing out. What are your choices for whatever occasion?

• Generic Man
    Generic Man

Anything by Joy Division, Big Star, Aimee Mann,

Things We Lost In The Fire by Low. Low has made alot of other alblums, but this is the only one I've listened to.

Homogenic by Bjork. I think this is her best alblum.

There are alot of others I could mention, but I'm too lazy to list them.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

angry, frustrated, feelin' wild..........White Zombie/Rob Zombie, L7, AC/DC, Thin Lizzie, Motorhead

playful, happy, mellow, triumphant..........Red Hot Chili Peppers, Aerosmith, Bob Marley, Queen

sad, introspective..........Pink Floyd, U2, Ozzy, Dire Straits, Concrete Blonde, Leonard Cohen, Queen,

Nirvana, Ofra Haza

mystical, meditative..........Ottmar Liebert & Luna Negra, 2002, Alan Parsons Project,

Dead Can Dance

sexy..........still doing research

• ivy
    ivy

I have whole playlists for any occasion, far too long to mention.
    My two best "feel good" songs at the moment are "Child Inside" by Quamba Zoo. (It's a song that plays on a lot of Sea World commercials) and "Bad Reputation" by Joan Jett. They both bring me an instant sense of happiness.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

Keyed up? Red Hot Chili Peppers. Blood Sugar Sex Magic is a great CD.

Need to wind down? Pink Floyd works for me. Dark Side of the Moon always helps.

Depressed? I need some blues. Gimme BB King or Robert Johnson or Muddy Waters or John Lee Hooker. Even pups like Kenny Wayne Shepherd and Johnny Lang are good.

And when I need some cheering up? I gotta have some bluegrass. Is there anything like a fiddle or a banjo to brighten a guy's day? Bill Monroe is da bomb. And gimme dat Orange Blossom Special.

And sometimes I just need to laugh. Weird Al Yankovic or The Electric Amish or something. Hell, The Bloodhound Gang and DaVinci's Notebook make me giggle. How can you not laugh when you hear a song like Kiss Me Where It Smells Funny or even Enormous Penis?

• prophecor
    prophecor

Mad at the world, Alice in Chains

Driving on the E-Way: Stevie Ray Vaughn The Sky is Crying / The Hardest Side of Town

After I've Reached the Beach: Sting The Soul Cages

Emotional and in Love, Anita Baker / Phyllis Hyman

Artistic: Tears for Fears

When Playing Bass Guitar: Anything produced by Quincy Jones

Sad and Blue / Anxious: Pink Floyd

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Ah yes ~ thanks Prophecor...how could I forget Stevie Ray?!?

~Merry

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Oasis- Definitley Maybe - any occasion

Portishead- Dummy - chillin out

Nirvana- Nevermind - for letting off steam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit