Did they tell you to tolerate things as a "test"?

by LongHairGal 2 Replies latest jw experiences

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I encountered this attitude and got in a few heated discussions about things that happened to me and what I would and would not tolerate from people there. I agree that we all sometimes do things to offend somebody but what I noticed was that some there would arrogantly assume you were there to take their guff and they behaved accordingly - like they were getting their rocks off playing out some dominant role at somebody else's expense! I felt that if anybody had the audacity to think they were there to "test" me I would make all the trouble for them they could possibly want!

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

I got told this and similar things multiple times. When an elder was being an ass and I'd say something about it, invariably they'd (BOE) say...maybe it's you that needs the adjustment...blah, blah.... no he was just being an ass.

Evil Force - Dub Free for 15 years and counting

• Little Red Hen
    Little Red Hen
    some there would arrogantly assume you were there to take their guff and they behaved accordingly

LongHairGal, I definitely got that feeling while I was associated. It also seemed that it was worse to take offense than to give it. From trivial to most egregious transgressions were fobbed off with scripture. 'love covers a multitude of sins', and 'look not to your own interest' and 'not keeping account of injury'. In fact, in their warped logic, the one transgressed against was actually made out to be the one stumbling some 'honest hearted' one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit