Great garage sale find

by kj 3 Replies latest jw friends

• kj
    kj

I was at a garage sale with my JW aunt and 2-year-old son. He was happily entertaining himself with some of the toys for sale, when he picked up a (GASP) Santa Claus pinata and put it in his wagon! Do you think he's demonized?

• delilah
    delilah

No he is not "demonized".....what attracted him to the pinata was probably the bright colors..and what child do you know would NOT be attracted to the "jolly old elf"? Tell me, did his mom try to put it back, so as to be inconspicuous and not get caught by other JW's who might be in the area??? hahahahah I have seen this happen before, he was just being a normal child.....

Dee

• kj
    kj

Yep, his mom said, "No, we don't need any pinatas." It was too funny, he picked a double no-no.

• delilah
    delilah

Speaking of garage sales, isn't it funny how many Jdubs you run into, on a Saturday morning, who are in the "field service", counting their time, but who are also stopping at every garage sale they see???? I have seen this so many times, and I just laugh....and when we used to go to the KH, it never failed, that one of my kids would pick something up that they wanted, at the same moment another JW would stop by....hahahahaha I remember feeling SOOOOO....embarrassed. What a joke....I don't give it another thought these days...who cares?

Dee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit