An intersting thing the CO said awhile ago.....

by JV 9 Replies latest jw friends

• JV
    JV

He said that the biggest challenge that faces the jw's in north america is getting along with the brothers and sisters and aint that the truth? I can't stand half of them.....Partially cause i'm a bastard too but i mean there are some genuine assholes out there. You know when the CO talks about it something's gotta be goin down anyways talk to y'all later i'm off to have some beer.

• Swan
    Swan

What an idiot! It was my general experience that whenever JWs wanted to gather together for a picnic, skating party, or some such recreational activity where we got to let our hair down and relax with our fellow JWs once in a while, the CO was always leading the charge to put and end to these social outlets.

Jeesh! What morons.

Tammy

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    He said that the biggest challenge that faces the jw's in north america is getting along with the brothers and sisters and aint that the truth?

The more the brothers and sisters are taught the world is a bad place to be and the more isolated each individual becomes, the less social skills they have, and harder to get along with each other. It is really what they are being taught.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    He said that the biggest challenge that faces the jw's in north america is getting along with the brothers and sisters and aint that the truth?

Aw...what a shame. I wonder how it affected all those in the audience to know they crapped out on John 13:34, 35?

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

....but........aren't they the happiest people on earth ?

• Brummie
    Brummie
    An intersting thing the CO said awhile ago.....

Seldom have I heard a CO say anything interesting, are you sure you heard him correctly?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Purr, purrr...........

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

I guess it just goes to show how much love they have among themselves.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow
    I can't stand half of them.....Partially cause i'm a bastard too but...

Hahahahahaha JV!

I know what you mean though. It was always a real challenge for me too.

And Swan, good point also! There were a lot more fun gatherings when I was young, then they were discouraged and most elders and servants were so afraid to be present for fear of being held responsible for any perceived misconduct.

In our area, there are again many, many medium-to-large gatherings of young people. I don't know that these are "approved"...but at least they are happening. My son goes to all of them!

• rocketman
    rocketman

While it's ceratinly true that there are strange, paranoid, and weird people in all walks of life, the jw religion seems to attract its fair share. But I think the religion itself is responsible for creating people who are 'little Pharisees' - judgemental, self-righteous, and intolerant of anyone who doesn't view the worship of Jehovah or the activities of the religion in the same way they do. I find it hardly surprising that they are at each other's throats, and while I was an active jw I heard enough negative comments to confirm my suspicion that I was part of a religion that hardly knew the meaning of 'having love among yourselves'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit