A Ballad to Mom, and other JW folk songs

by Netty 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Netty
    Netty

We used to have these get togethers, when I was a kid, and everyone would sing. I remember these songs, that were not in the JW song book, just more like folk songs, that JW's would pass along. There was imparticular, that actually was very beautiful. It was written by someone at Bethel, to his mom. It said something about asking her to please sit down and listen to the things he had learned. Then it started off,

There was a man, his name was John,

and he saw a vision, of a world beyond

he saw tears turn to darkenss, he saw sorrows turn to joy

he saw lions, playing with a small young boy,

anyway it went on, and was such a pretty song.

Then there was another that went to the Carpenters song, Top of the world, but the words were re-arranged to fit witness stuff. And another that was believe it or not, about Satan. It started off, (I only remember bits and pieces of these songs)

Satan the Snake

began his evil ways

within the seven days

that God made the earth.

Can you believe that, we used to sing a song about Satan!!?? Go Figure.

Did anyone else used to sing any of these songs, or any other songs like these, or were we just weirdos getting too much sunlight on the brain over here in Arizona?

p.s. Please ignore the quote box below, or if someone could be so kind as to tell me how to delete it, DUH!

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Yeah we used to do that stuff too,,,,we had tape of bible stories songs.

One was the 12 apostles,,,,,,,forgot most of it.........There was Simon the one called Peter , and Andrew his brother.....etc.

There was one for children about the New World.

Some of them were sweet, the kids loved them because they were different from the songbook.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit