"Leaving the Saints" By Martha Beck

by Fleur 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Fleur
    Fleur

Has anyone read this whole book yet?

Beck has always been a favorite of mine, and I bet there are a lot of similiarities here to what many jws have been through in leaving/abuse issues...but honestly I don't know if I have it in me right now to read the whole thing.

It looks like a fabulous book, though. Excerpt here...

http://www.leavingthesaints.com/excerpt.html

hugs to everybody,

essie

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

I will check your link, but first wanted to say how nice to see you. Your absence has been felt.

j

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Gawd, does she write this way through the entire book? It's beautiful and raw; and yes, extra so for one once a Witness. I was only going to read the first couple paragraphs, but like a pubic hair caught in the rush of the shower drain, she sucked me in.

j

• lawrence
    lawrence

As a writer of plays, books, songs, and pubished poetry I loved the prose of the exerpt you included - thankyou! Excellent writing, simple Excellent!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((((((Essie))))))))))

How are you hon? You've been in my thoughts lately. Working in a garden in the spring always makes me think of you for some reason. I just planted tomatoes and peppers last Saturday and was wondering how you were. (Yeah...weird I know.)

Love to you,

Andi

• sf
    sf

A very close and dear friend of mine (Barbara Anderson )recently recommended this book, highly.

I have yet to do so. Yet I shall.

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit