JW's Are Footstep Followers of Jesus Christ

by Honesty 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Honesty
    Honesty

because the WatchTower says they are but so far, I haven't seen any tangible evidence from any Jehovah's Witness I've ever met even when I was a Jehovah's Witness.

Does anyone have solid proof the JW's are doing the things Jesus did such as feeding the poor, nursing the sick (Baptist, Methodist, Catholic, Presbyterian hospitals are everywhere and are supported in part by donations from Christian groups), providing spiritual refreshment to the soul, etc.?

Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places to see any evidence supporting the WTBTS's claims that they are Christians and following in Jesus' footsteps. Surely, if they are someone somewhere can provide examples that other people can see.

Ted Jaracz:

Come on, man. Give us the proof behind your wild claims that you are leading the WTBTS as footstep followers of Christ and the JW's are doing the very work He did while he was on earth. Name one charity or food bank or hospital that the WTBTS has supported and provide documented evidence of such.

• kls
    kls

If a jw could comeup with honest and 100% proof i would like to see it but i also know that will not be possible.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Footstep followers of Christ ... ha! ha! ha! When I pioneered without a vehicle (poor and married) the elders and their car pools would pass me on the streets, honk, wave, and pass by on their way to donuts. I couldn't afford coffee, so I smiled and said one day in the Kingdom - you know what, I was right, "yes, one day in the Kingdom." In answer to your question, none of these self righteous pigs is a footstep follower of Jesus - they want only the best, they say only the best for God's people - no different than the rest. Hucksters, liars, and whores. Ted- you have a heavy weight to bear. Ted- remember, GOD sees ALL!

• MGonzales
    MGonzales

Feed the poor? Well, I guess we also have to give credit to Al Capone and the Colombian drug lords.

The JWs are Christian-like IMO in that they are part of a doomsday cult, just like early Christianity. I'm sure there are other similarities.
    --

Mark

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

it is true that we are jehovah's witnesses......according to Isaiah 43:10......but again Jehovah God was speaking to Isaiah.

Yet in Acts we see that we are to be Jesus' witnesses......"But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria and to the ends of the earth."(ACTS 1:8)

So basically the witnesses speaking in Isaiah were the jews. And now since we were to be the gentiles we are witnesses of Jesus.

And here's a sobering thought....if we are to be Jehovah Witnesses, that would mean we believe that Jehovah is the incarnate Christ. and that's no double talk..just straight up.

• Ellie
    Ellie

I'm going off the subject a little here but following on from what Lawrence said about being poor and watching the elders drive past while walking on the ministry.

A few years ago when I was studying (I was 16 at the time, still at school and working a weekend waitressing job) I took an elder and his wife out for a meal at a nice restaurant, I saved up for ages and was really happy to pay for their meals.

My mum who was disfellowshipped at the time kicked up such a fuss about it, how she wasn't going to let them take advantage of a kid, I couldn't see her point of view at the time, but I can now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit