Witnet comment

by Pathofthorns 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Check these comments (2nd on the page) by TMS. Sounds like he is about 60 years old. Quite interesting if he is thinking that at his age.

[url] http://discussion.witnesses.net/Forum67/HTML/000086.html[/url]

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Path,

TMS

Junior Member posted 08-26-2000 01:58
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    With each passing year I find myself answering more and more questions with the words: "I don't know."

About forty years ago, at about the age of twenty, I was approached, while doing street work, by the editor of the local paper. He peppered me with a wide range of questions, not seeking information, really, but trying to rattle what he viewed as an inordinately poised youth. He grew increasingly dumbfounded as I handled everything he threw at me with aplomb and a ready smile, flipping to scripture texts almost before his questions were completely formed, illustrating the points, annoying him further with rhetorical and viewpoint questions, taking him where he didn't want to go. (What this older, worldly-wise man could not have anticipated was, that, this mere lad was a battle-hardened Pioneer, had already attended the Society's two week Kingdom Ministry School, had been giving public talks since the age of 17, etc.) The editor's frustration level boiled over. He was almost shaking as he stated that he couldn't compete with my glibness, scriptures or reasoning. But he knew that some day I would not be so sure of things.

He was correct.

Oh, don't get me wrong. There are absolutes. Jehovah's creatorship. Jesus' life and teachings. The ransom.

I'm just less certain of more things.

TMS

Carolinamoon

Junior Member posted 08-26-2000 04:08
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As you notice TMS's ability to defend his beliefs came from Jehovah's organization. I for one truly appreciate the education I have received from the WTS. I love to work territory where there are college students. I never feel intimidated by them. Since the greatest scientist of all is our educator. I will rely on the education given us by HIS organization, when we need it. I love Jesus' word's at Matthew 11:25..."I publicly praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and intellectual ones and have revealed them to babes."

Good thoughts by TMS. Obviously, Carolinamoon didn't think so as he/she completely ignored his thoughts and gave complete credit to the WTBTS for all his thinking abilities. Which wasn't what his post was about, btw.

Just my thoughts. "Nothing against" Carolinamoon intended.

waiting

ps. Age has nothing to do with it. People's reasoning power tends to be better as they get older - not vice versa. They may not be as quick, but they are better. Young people.......

Edited by - waiting on 30 August 2000 5:35:24

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit