Kylie Minogue has breast cancer

by fairy 5 Replies latest jw friends

• fairy
    fairy

just heard that kylie has breast cancer in its early stage.

Kylie Minogue diagnosed with breast cancer: Australian promoter

SYDNEY, (AFP) - Australian pop star Kylie Minogue has been diagnosed with breast cancer, prompting her to cancel her current Australian tour, her touring company said.

"Frontier Touring Company ... confirmed that Kylie's tour has been postponed due to health reasons," the company said in a statement.

"Whilst at home in Melbourne with her family this week ... Kylie was diagnosed with early (stage) breast cancer," the statement said.

"She will undergo immediate treatment and consequently her Australian tour will not be able to proceed as planned."

Minogue was said to be disappointed at having to postpone the shows.

"I was so looking forward to bringing the Showgirl tour to Australian audiences and am sorry to have to disappoint my fans," she was quoted as saying in the statement.

"Nevertheless hopefully all will work out fine and I'll be back with you all again soon."

Minogue had been due to arrive in Sydney from Melbourne on Tuesday to officially begin the Australian leg of her tour which began in Britain.

Accompanying her is her French beau, Olivier Martinez, who has been staying with her and her family in Melbourne, the Daily Telegraph reported.

Minogue's promoter Michael Gudinski wished her a speedy recovery and said all her fans would be praying for her.

"I'm hoping and praying because the doctor found it so early that everything will be OK," he told the Seven Network.

"Let's just give her time to go through what she's going through and we'll worry about all that in the future.

"Our thoughts, and I'm sure all the legions of Kylie's fans, will be with her all the way."

Minogue, who rose to fame in the 1980s as an actor in the popular soap opera Neighbours and later launched a pop career, was due to play six shows in Sydney from Thursday.

The Showgirl Tour was also scheduled to tour Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth over the next month

• Gill
    Gill

I was very sorry to read about this, this morning. I'm neither a fan or not a fan but problems like these certainly helps you to put your own problems into perspective.

Get Well Soon, Kylie!

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

Bugger,

Hope she pulls through ok.

Really like her.

Was looking forward to her show too.

• glitter
    glitter

Poor Kylie! :(

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

I am sorry to hear of another person getting this terrible disease.

My wife has been fighting cancer for a year now, our lives have been turned upside down. On the positive side we are hoping and praying for no more surgery, and she has just finished six months of chemo-therapy. She has been off work for a year but hopes to return in a couple of months.

Our kids (15 and 11) dont know about it, and neither do her parents, nor mine. Not even her twin sister knows. We have good reasons for keeping it hidden although there are also disadvantages. At this moment it helps me to tell my friends on here, although I never intended to. Sometimes it is hard to keep things inside. I have never known such fear and worry.

Thanks for listening.

• Gill
    Gill

Hi Jaffacake!

Sorry to hear about your wife's diagnosis and treatment but understand about your fears.

The one good thing about NOT telling anyone is that they don't treat you any differently and you are then not treated like a 'victim' and don't have to behave like one either.

Good luck and best wishes for the future to you and Mrs Jaffacake!

Gill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit