the bomb

by teejay 8 Replies latest jw friends

• teejay
    teejay

I got this baby sister. She's a Dub, one of the last of my mother's brood who remains in favor of the dying cult. Or the Cult Of The Dying. Most everybody else, such as myself, has chosen the path of shameless debauchery.

that?they "speak for god." She also sees the juvenile cliques and the backward, not to mention counter-productive ways, JWs raise their kids (her youngest, after a highschool career as a star basketball player, is soon off to college on scholarship, all with her unmitigated blessing). And, she's not afraid to own up to the mindlessness of all the silly rules; and, like every other member of our family, she's not afraid to upbraid unsuspecting elders?"they're just men!"?with a piece of her mind if/when the mood strikes. Plus, she's a woman, so her gender's idiosyncrasies might have something to do with her occasional forthrightness, too?not that there's anything wrong with that!

Wizard Of Oz). After three full decades of living, I was well into my 30s when I finally saw the real, unadulterated, universal truth, and once upon a time I was just as inclined to ram *that* truth down the throats of JW family and friends as I was willing to ram The Truth? down the throats of family, friends, and strangers when I first heard *it* way back in the 60s.

and different from yours. Nope. Just can't do it. Humans aren't built that way. Period.

• Sirona
    Sirona

I wouldn't do it just to "get even"

The thing is, you have to consider the psychological impact of revealing the truth about the borg to her. Think about your sisters health.

If you really think she can cope with the info, then go ahead. Just be prepared for denial. I've shown people the proof of the UN issue, only to be met with "its apostate lies!!"

Sirona

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I understand the dilema you are in. I have a JW sister who has no idea that I have doing research the last few months, learning about the real truth behind the WBTS. I know eventually I want to say something to her, but I don't really want to be shunned again. Personally I have decided to keep quiet for now, but not sure what the future will bring. She is not an emotionally stable person, so I'm afraid that if she learns about what's really going on, she will have some kind of breakdown.

• teejay
    teejay

Well, in all honesty, I wouldn't do it to "get even." After all, this is the chick who, at her Mama's behest and with Jehovah's blessing, destroyed my personal copy of Crisis Of Conscience. If I wanted to get even, I'd-a got even a long time ago. No... I s'pose with this post I'm doing nothing more than entertaining the darker side of human nature -- a side I'm unlikely ever to visit.

Mainly, I wondered at what lengths it was/is appropriate to go to to help a JW relative. Is it ever to 'go there' and hit 'em where it hurts and blow up their tightly-wound world--everything's fair in love and war--or is it possible to cross the line and go too far.

• Charisma
    Charisma

well the JWs I tried to talk to about the UN or the allowed Child abuse or the inconsistancies in political nuetrality, it only served to alienate them from my life. So I guess it is a risk you have to consider while making your choice

• teejay
    teejay
    Personally I have decided to keep quiet for now, but not sure what the future will bring. She is not an emotionally stable person, so I'm afraid that if she learns about what's really going on, she will have some kind of breakdown.

That's what I'm getting at.

It took me a while to get here, but I'm very comfortable where I am vis-à-vis god, bible, truth, Truth?. One thing I discovered for myself once I got here is that you don't have to convince anybody of anything. At least I don?t. Hey!... if you're happy, I'm happy. If you like it (whatever "it" is) I LOVE it. Knock ya-self out, girlfriend!! Go on with ya bad self!!

As I said, I'm only slightly tusslin' with my darker side... toying with the idea of dropping a bomb on my know-it-all, pathetically shallow/pretty smart JW sister. Can't see me ever doing such a thing. Too tender-hearted, I am.

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

Drop the bomb already man just do it! Lol.

M'

• teejay
  • Billygoat
    Billygoat

I wouldn't drop the bomb. I know how tempting it is, especially considering her attitude towards you lately. But I'd take the high road. Which is be sweet, sweet, sweet. Her rantings will only make her look like the idiot in the end. If she truly has a personality disorder, then my belief is that she won't take your info with a grain of salt anyway. She'll deny it, say you're an apostate, and probably rant some more. Why bring out her anger when she probably isn't going to listen anyway?

Maybe you can send something to her anonymously in the mail. Maybe a spoof of questions from the readers with a question about the NGO/UN thing. You can say whatever you want because you're the author and she won't know that.

I can say that I've thought about doing something like that (the anonymous question from the readers things) with my folks, but don't know if it's worth it. We haven't been in touch in over 8 months now. My life's been pretty peaceful...and I think I like it that way. I think I'd rather let sleeping dogs lie.

Andi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit