Excellent WT logic

by ljwtiamb 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ljwtiamb
    ljwtiamb

I just love the logic that was applied in last week's WT study, paragraph 3:

Only a God of infinite wisdom could be responsible for the miraculous formation of a new living human. For thousands of years, reasoning people have credited the formation of a child inside its mother's womb to the Grand Creator. Do you?

Who am I to go against thousands of years of reasoning people? Forget who they are, I don't want to be left out, like some inexperienced unreasoning animal, so:

Of course I agree with your statement!

Is this what they mean by reasoning from the scriptures?

• Krystal
    Krystal
    For thousands of years, reasoning people have credited the formation of a child inside its mother's womb to the Grand Creator. Do you?

LOL... for thousands of years, reasonable people have credited the formation of a child inside its motheris womb to SEX!

Funny, when I was in the org that sentance would have made perfect sense... and now it sounds sooo illogical!

-Krystal

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

For thousands of years, otherwise intelligent people have believed all sorts of crap. Bandwagon is not a good argument.

SNG

• Pole
    Pole

*** kl chap. 2 p. 17 The Book That Reveals the Knowledge of God ***
    For example, at a time when most people believed that the earth was flat, the prophet Isaiah referred to it as a ?circle? (Hebrew, chugh, which here carries the idea of ?sphere?). (Isaiah 40:22) The idea of a spherical earth was not widely accepted until thousands of years after Isaiah?s day.

Pole

• Klaus Vollmer
    Klaus Vollmer

that logic reminds me to the following story

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I believe the term is "Argumentum Ad Populum".

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Only a God of infinite wisdom could be responsible for the miraculous formation of a new living human. For thousands of years, reasoning people have credited the formation of a child inside its mother's womb to the Grand Creator. Do you?

'infinite', 'miraculous', 'reasoning', 'Grand', these are all example of loaded language.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

For thousands of years people believed that

• there were sea monsters at the edge of the world
    • that 'God' made everything in one week
    • that the sun had a personality like a human, contemplative and all powerful
    • that volcanoes had a personality like a human, contemplative and all powerful
    • that people could never fly

Do you ? If so, you're just the person we're looking for to reinform about reality - contact us - wtbts, brooklyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit