my story on moving out

by tsunami_rid3r 5 Replies latest jw friends

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

so i moved out of my parents house..i left the thursday night meeting early and i called up my friend to pick me up and i packed all my clothes. my parents called that night, they were upset and said they would change, but that decision was too soon. i would give it time.

i went to school the next day. it was wierd, i felt like i really didnt have a real home. i felt upset, i felt angry, i felt relieved. i didnt want to see or have contact with the girl i took to prom, but being that fate thinks its funny, we were the only ones left sitting at lunch when the bell ring along with 2 other students. it turns out the burgers ran out and they had to cook up somemore. i was sitting by myself, while my friends had to get to class, and she sat with her friend. i didnt want to look at her but she kept glancing at me. and heres when i didnt care anymore. her boyfriend walked by and called her out and they were talking.

i talked to my counselor she said i should stay the weekend and give it time. i agreed.

i was walking around in the hall and i got my professional prom pictures with me and my friend elisa walks by and we exchange our pictures and chat. then the girl i took to prom walks by and sees the pictures. and i just say hey to her. stopped by a classroom and i got invited to play poker at a friends house. the friend i was staying with drove me all the way to work, left 10 bucks in his truck. my dad was at work, so it wasnt too hard for him not to miss me, plus i called him all the time.

spent my friday night drivig around with some college friends and hanging out.

saturday morning walked outside and there was jehovahs witnesses parked right there in a van. they were from the spanish but one girl knew me. and i just waved. and went to work.

spent saturday working and playing poker and pool with some of my friends. i got my truck back from the house when the parents werent there b/c i also wanted to hit some parties that night. i left a note saying id be back later tonight, but my phone died and it was late so i went and slept at my friends house again.

the parents were worried about me and called up my friends, they talked to one of em's dad. just saying that they didnt know where i was at and said they were jehovahs witnesses and said there was some complications because of my hair. they finally got in contact with me and i told em id be back today.

• under74
    under74

Sorry you're going through a rough time. It does sound as though your parents really care about you though. Maybe you all can work out some kind of comprimise to keep the peace for the time being or just until you are really ready to leave like for college. In my opinion you did good in not cutting your parents off.

I hope things get better for you. Just keep the communication open with your parents and hopefully they'll come around a bit or let some of the little things like your hair and activity in JWs slide a little.

Keep your chin up.

• Es
    Es

Its a hard time for you i have sort of been there done that with my folks but for different reasons I was kicked out of home when i was 18 and still in the truth because they didnt like my boyfriend(ex hubby now) who was also in the truth. So i left...and that weekend moved interstate to be with my boyfriend and his family. My folks rang everyday with the guilt trip it was really really hard but i stayed strong and are a better person for it es

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((tsunami rider))))))

I'm so sorry you're having a tough time right now. I got kicked out when I was about your age. That was almost 15 years ago. Really, looking back, it was a blessing in disguise. It was hard being on my own, but I'm so glad it happened. I learned to be responsible in ways I'd never been before. I hope it works out well for you too.

Andi

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee
    just saying that they didnt know where i was at and said they were jehovahs witnesses and said there was some complications because of my hair

So sad they don't even realize how completely retarded they sound to non-JW's. Or maybe they do and they take pride in it. Ugh.

Hair? WTF!?

-ithinkisee

• lilbit
    lilbit

im happy your ok. keep us updated alright

lilbit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit