disfellowshipping unbaptized ones

by juni 3 Replies latest jw friends

• juni
    juni

Will someone help me out here? In the 80's there was a practice of DF unbaptized ones who were unrepentant wrongdoers. This ended as there supposedly a lawsuit in NY w/a person who experienced this. Did any of you ever have this happen in your cong.? Appreciate all answers . Juni
  • Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I was born and raised a JW from 1970 to the early 1990's, but I have never heard of people getting disfellowshipped without being baptized. I have heard of unbaptized publishers being deleted, but this never carried the same penalty as disfellowshipping did, they were simply "marked" but no official shunning was enforced.

Dave

• target
    target

I remember that. It was not called disfellowshipping, though, and the practice was done away with rather quickly. I don't think it went on for more than about a year. I remember an annoucement being made about a young man in the congregation after he was found to be a thief. It was in the late 80s. Can't recall what it was called.

Target

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

at that time, they were called "dissapproved associate". i knew several who were such. it was in the 1980"s and the WTS abandoned that after 2-3 years and everyone who was one was suddenly OK to associate with

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit