Did Taze ever really go away?

by woodforde 5 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• woodforde
    woodforde

As a recent WBTS watcher (I am writing a thesis on "cults", not limited to JW's but they are a true gold-mine to research), I notice that the planning for their proposed new factory near Chelmsford has been submitted in the name of the International Bible Students Association. Surely a legal "deev" of some sort. Does anyone have any views, derived from experience, arcane knowledge or good ol' conspiracy theory - doesn't matter which! Forgive me if this is under a wrong topic heading but the most appropriate that I could find.

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, that's their original name or at least one of the very early legal entities.(in the UK / Europe)

It is unlikely that any non-JW would recognize them as being the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society or "Jehovah's Witnesses". as most people know them (often 'Jehovah witness')..

• woodforde
    woodforde

Thank-you for the link, Simon, that's most useful. Some how, I landed on this:also: I would sure use some of that there Miracle Wheat, never mind yer Dupont!

• St George of England
    St George of England

IBSA is still alive and kicking in the UK.  It has a fairly complex relationship with the WTB&TS of Britain, one does the printing and the other buys it from them and distributes it.  You may wish to read about it on the Charity Commission website.

IBSA - Charity No:- 216647

WTB&TS of Britain:- 1077961

George

• Simon
    Simon
    Who knew god needed so many corporations and such complex legal structures ...
  • Perry
    Perry
    Yes, but he did leave a lot of people tazed and confused.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit