The latest silentlambs

by Blue 8 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Blue
    Blue

So what does everyone think of the latest silentlambs delivering the message of the sexually abused children to the Kingdom Hall?

• blondie
    blondie

SNAP, Survivors Network Against Abuse by Priests, does a similar thing and it is successful for them and has put the abuse in the Catholic Church in the headlines.

http://silentlambs.org/newsletter/NewsLetterItem.cfm?SendoutID=392

I think you have to run it through Notepad first to post it here.

Newsletter

Lambs To Protect Kids
    Something you can do to protect children
    Lambs To Protect Kids Nationwide

Special program to raise child abuse awareness scheduled for:

Press Info [click here]

May 30-June 30, Child Abuse Awareness

We are happy to announce a new campaign with a positive work in your local communities. A nationwide distribution to religious institutions, Kingdom Halls and Branch offices around the world. The program will last for thirty days starting with Memorial Day (May 30) and ending on June, 30. There is a simple bulletin designed to be posted on information boards where membership information is reviewed along with a stuffed lamb as a reminder to put the interests of children first when it comes to abuse allegations.

We are making available a silentlambs delivery kit to assist you in having materials to deliver. The kit includes while supplies last:

1. Silentlambs t-shirt

2. Silentlambs bumper sticker

3. Copy of two page bulletin for making copies

4. Four stuffed lambs to deliver

Total cost with shipping included for a $25 tax-deductible donation to silentlambs. This should give you everything you need to call on four locations. If you wish to do more you can order more Kits according to how much you wish to do. To order go to this page to send in your donation. [Click Here]

http://www.silentlambs.org/donations/index.cfm

For further information on the Campaign [Click Here]

http://www.silentlambs.org/assistance/ONeThousandlambs.cfm

Lambs To Protect Kids Nationwide

Special program to raise child abuse awareness scheduled for:

Press Info [click here]

May 30-June 30, Child Abuse Awareness Bulletin

Do your part for the silent lambs and help raise child protection awareness with religious institutions in your area. The attachment below is a simple two page announcement that identifies the signs of abuse and what to do if your child becomes a victim of crime. The ?bulletin? is designed to be posted on information board with contact information for reporting abuse. [Click Here] to review and print out in MS WORD format. The stuffed lambs stands for children that have been silenced due to abuse. Deliver the bulletin along with a stuffed lamb to local churches in your area to offer a positive message.

You have the option to find stuffed lambs locally to deliver with each bulletin. One options might be going to ?good will? stores and find second hand stuffed lambs for a very inexpensive price the more battered or abused the better. Isn?t that the point? A gift of a stuffed toy is hard to turn down and is non confrontational to the recipient. The stuffed lamb also makes it easier to hold the bulletin in the door and draws attention to it. In the event you cannot find stuffed lambs we have a picture in MSWORD format you can use instead to review and down load [Click Here]

Also we are making available a silentlambs delivery kit to assist you in in having materials to deliver. The kit includes while supplies last:

? Silentlambs t-shirt
    ? Silentlambs bumper sticker
    ? Copy of two page bulletin for making copies
    ? Four stuffed lambs to deliver

Total cost with shipping included for a $25 tax-deductible donation to silentlambs. This should give you everything you need to call on four locations. If you wish to do more you can order more Kits according to how much you wish to do. To order go to this page to send in your donation. [Click Here]

The procedure is simple just take the poster to your copy shop and make as many copies as you may need. Then locate religious institutions in your local phone book take note of the key locations in your area. Make up a list and use a city map to find the most efficient route to each location. Plan your arrival in the morning between 10:00 am to 11:30 am . If in the afternoon plan your visit between 1:45 pm to 5:00 pm. This can allow you to call at several locations to leave the material without having to speak with someone.

What should you do if someone is there? Simply smile look them in the eye and be friendly. If it is a man offer a greeting and shake hands. Then you might say something along the lines:

My name is ____ and I wish to offer a gift to your group to highlight the importance of protecting our children. Don?t you think that is important?

(At this point hand them a stuffed lamb and the bulletin folded)

Then conclude with:

Thank you for talking with me, I have several more visits to make, have a nice day.

Remember to be kind as most often the person you are talking with may not know or is not informed about this issue. Avoid confrontational comments that might put them on the defensive. You have a simple message, it is positive, it can protect children. When they read the bulletin they will see the positive nature of the message and will have an opportunity to educate members further. If you use the press information you may also deliver the "press release" to the religious institution also.

After delivery post your results on the silentlambs guestbook! Report the number of locations visited and what the names were. You can look on the meeting time sign for that information. If you have a digital camera take a picture of each location you call at and we will put that up on a special page along with a report of the total number of institutions that had lambs delivered and where they were located. Let?s see if we can deliver one thousand lambs to churches across the USA and make a positive statement as well as a reminder for protecting children.

Sex Abuse Victims and Advocates Deliver Stuffed Animal to Local Religious Institutions across USA

Announce National Effort to Protect Kids from Abuse

WHAT:
    At cities across America local churches will be visited by representatives for silentlambs to deliver a stuffed lamb as a symbol of innocence lost, they will deliver a copy of a two page bulletin to raise abuse awareness as well as draw attention to the importance of protecting kids.

WHEN:
    May 30, 2005 ? June 30, 2005

WHO:
    Anyone that wishes may participate in this grass roots effort to provide information that helps to protect children. Go to the silentlambs website for information on how to participate.

WHERE:
    At local communities and cites across the USA .

DETAILS:

This is a continuation of a campaign started with Jehovah?s Witnesses two years ago. Silentlambs is now expanding the program as a way to get information on protecting kids to religious groups in all denominations. According to William H. Bowen founder of silentlambs, ?All religious groups have a common goal to protect their most valuable asset, their children. We hope this information will be helpful to finding positive ways to communicate open commentary on abuse and helping parents better assist their children.? Silentlambs is openly advocates reporting abuse and finding better ways to help children heal that have suffered abuse.

Contact: www.silentlambs.org , William H. Bowen: 270-527-5350, cell 270-703-2257

• Blue
    Blue

Thank you Blondie,

I sure think it is long over due and hope and pray it stops the abuse of children in all the Watchtower congregations. Remember we were always taught that a good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit? I also remember hearing them say that if God wants the preaching to stop it will stop. Maybe this is his way to stop the sexual abuse of our precious children.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Weird thing just happened. I was googling for images and put in the name Jehovah's Witnesses. Look what it showed

the title was called molesters.jpg

• frightenedmom
    frightenedmom

I would love to see the molestations sent to kingdom halls all around the world. Our children must be protected. It is easy for the elders to sweep it under the rug and go on with their lives not acknowledging the harm that has been done. When faced with information that is right there in front of their face ...can they still excuse what they have allowed to Jehovah's sheep meaning mostly our little ones that elders now have the blood on their hands for the damage they have done.

• AntiPode
    AntiPode

FRIGHTENEDMOM,

You have a pm (private message) in your inbox - at top of page click on inbox to retrieve.

S

• M.J.
    M.J.

Could you please elaborate? I have not heard the news. Thanks.

• Blue
    Blue

I know you are frightened Mom as I am too. It has to stop and cannot be allowed to continue. I am happy that Bill and the silentlambs are finally speaking out for justice for our precious children.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Sorry, I neglected to read Blondie's post as I assumed from the opening lines that it was about other religions... Thanks Blondie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit